Enjoyable 2 and 3 wheel experiences

chewa
chewa Posts: 164
edited September 2009 in Road general
Funny how things catch you unawares.
I'm now working in London (near Chancery Lane) commuting from Scotland in the meantime.

I was planning bringing down a fixie/ss which I've built from a 1980's Holdsworth Mistral frame, but it's awkward to store a bike in my digs (if anyone knows of a reasonable cyclist friendly b&b please let me know), so I decided to buy a folder.

I've bought a 2nd hand Dahon D6 after testing it and a Brompton. I preferred the greater stability of the 20" wheels, and don't need the extreme compactness of the Brompton.

A bit of fiddling to sort out a sticky headset, slightly out of true wheels and I did my first 10 mile run today (accompanying my wife on her custom Roberts tourer -"De Prinses")

What a hoot, very stable, quick acceleration but limited top speed to about 18-20mph on gearing as is. Comfy, upright riding position - should suit my 5-6 mile commute from North west London.
Good brakes, smooth ride and folds nicely - result!

Looking forward to bringing it down (one spoke to replace first)

But I've just realised that the two of us now have a family stable of 9 bikes! (plus one unicycle) - is that too many?

As to the 3 wheel fun, last week I tested a Piaggio MP3 - not as quick as my VFR, but still magic fun, and my wife can ride one on her car licence! Fantastic - definitely a possible replacement for her MX5
plus je vois les hommes, plus j'admire les chiens

Black 531c tourer
FCN 7
While dahn saff Dahon Speed 6 FCN 11!!!
Also 1964 Flying Scot Continental
1995 Cinelli Supercorsa (columbus slx)
BTwin Rockrider 8.1
Unicycle
Couple of others!