Tour of Britain Stage 2 *Spoiler*

samb01
samb01 Posts: 130
edited September 2009 in Pro race
Despite relegating Norwegians to 2. and 3., I'm really happy to see Kai Reus starting to get back to his old level. I've been keeping an eye on him since his return from his horrible accident, and he was getting dangerously close to looking like a write off for Rabobank.

Those who don't recall his early promise, check out his results: http://cyclingbase.com/palcoureurs.php?id=2847&idtitle=1

He would have been a big favourite for the 2006 U-23 WC, but was moved up to the Pro squad mid-season (him and...Flens? I don't recall).

Comments

• A small selection of photos from Stage 2 that passed through Durham yesterday, good
    crowds considering the cooler weather from the day before.

tour01.jpg

tour02.jpg

tour03.jpg

tour04.jpg

tour05.jpg

tour06.jpg

tour07.jpg

tour08.jpg

tour09.jpg

tour10.jpg

tour11.jpg

tour12.jpg
    Sunday Best : Cervélo R3 / SRAM Red / 3T / Fulcrum Racing Zero tubeless
    Everyday : Cervélo S1 / SRAM Force / 3T / Fulcrum Racing One tubeless
    Winter : Kinesis TK2 / SRAM Force / 3T / Fulcrum Racing 3 + full guards...
  • Some excellent shots there - very crisp and defined. Pozzato really is unique in his attire. I like the one of Napolitano (123) - his legs are insane!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tour05.jpg

A fantastic shot this you should be proud. Pozzato looks good in his jersey, Wiggo in the background and the unknown (to me*) Euskaltel rider really putting the effort in. Brilliant!

*Afx will know :)
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    A fantastic shot this you should be proud. Pozzato looks good in his jersey, Wiggo in the background and the unknown (to me*) Euskaltel rider really putting the effort in. Brilliant!

*Afx will know :)

C'mon man, doesn't everyone know that well-known Basque rider Josu Agirre Aseginolaza?!? :wink:

(Good job his race number is visible on his frame)
  • Thanks for the positive comments re: my photos... much appreciated.

I love the photo of Brad Wiggins giving chase and Danilo Napolitano (rider 123) powering
    through the main bunch.

- Andy
    Sunday Best : Cervélo R3 / SRAM Red / 3T / Fulcrum Racing Zero tubeless
    Everyday : Cervélo S1 / SRAM Force / 3T / Fulcrum Racing One tubeless
    Winter : Kinesis TK2 / SRAM Force / 3T / Fulcrum Racing 3 + full guards...