Dark and White Peak Riding

Philg1984
Philg1984 Posts: 4
edited October 2009 in MTB rides
Anyone interested in riding in the dark or white peak, intermediate and advanced routes please feel free to get in touch. Weekends best, usually saturdays. Based in Chesterfield.

Have a week off of work until 20th September so free to ride most days next week.
Specialized Stumpjumper S-Works HT

Comments

• im off on my own tomorrow morning (normal biking buddies on hol).

Im doing a loop around ladybower - crookhill fm, lockerbrook, down to fairholmes up flagstone up onto derwent edge and down across moor to cuthroat bridge then down to Ladybower inn, usauly about 2 hours.

meeting at Ladybower inn at 9am - your welcome to join me - im reasonably fit for 41!

there are 2 very good descents in there!
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    did a similar ride today also. A 35 mile loop setting off from Ladybower, and taking in Mam Tor (a real thigh burner)!

Only 45 mins in the car to Ladybower, and never ridden around there. Scenery is awesome
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • Not really a big fan of riding alone and struggling to get mates together to ride now that the football season has kicked off again as most of them play saturday and/or sunday league football.

We did the Cuttgate Special from Dark Peak book about 2 months ago and it was awesome. Only just got into riding about 6 months ago and that was the first hard route id done.

Got stuck right up on the tops in monsoon conditions and all the ride on the way back was almost axel deep with water! Still had a great ride and managed to get back down before hypothermia set in!
  • Was up Cut Gate on Sunday. Went up from Langsett, Mickledon Edge (always fall off there!) up and over to Ladybower. Did the Strines road back Barnsley (with most of the Sheffield CC coming past me on the hills :-))

How far you thinking of riding?

I struggled in places with Cut Edge, are the runs you do more difficult as I think CE is where my riding capability ends!
  • That ride is the hardest i've done so far, especially considering the conditions. I'm looking at any rides with plenty of up and downs really as long as they are a fair distance. I don't like gettin all kitted out and driving somewhere for a quick 10k ride. Preferably 15k+
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Usually meet up for night rides on a tuesday based around Bakewell / Stoney Middleton if you're interested then PM me for details and I'm back on-shore for the next 2 weeks so plenty of ride time available I'm based south west Sheffield.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Philg1984
    Hi Phil, well up for some xc mountain biking. If youre still interested send me a text on 07783217807 and we can sort something out. Am based in hillsborough shef, so am rgt on the edge of the peaks.

Jim