New issue of Procycling

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited September 2009 in Pro race
Worth a read.

The article on corruption in anti doping is fascinating. And when you add in that someone from the Austrian lab was arrested recently after Kohl's statements it's a very timely article too.

There's also some stuff about people who ride bikes in races.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• zammmmo
    zammmmo Posts: 315
    Yes, it was quite a depressing article and muddies the water that bit more unfortunately. Other than that I didn't think it was a great issue - pretty light really. There is a reasonably in-depth article about the Schlecks which some might enjoy.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Just having a quick scan through mine, (coz i'm saving it for my flight tomorrow!) i thought it looked a bit light weight. Something different about the layout of the articles too, but thats picking :lol: will give an opinion after i've read it...
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    zammmmo wrote:
    Yes, it was quite a depressing article and muddies the water that bit more unfortunately. Other than that I didn't think it was a great issue - pretty light really. There is a reasonably in-depth article about the Schlecks which some might enjoy.

Havent got round to reading it yet saw the brothers on the front cover and thought here we go again probably another dull four page spread on how we have a great relationship and cant imagine racing against each other blah de blah.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    I usually have to wait 10 days before it gets here. :( But I'm looking forward to it. the last one was one of the best issues ever!
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,707
    donrhummy wrote:
    the last one was one of the best issues ever!
    I haven't bought many issues but after 3 weeks with the TdF review issue I'm still finding things to read. That's unheard of - I usually devour/skim-read a mag in a few hours then wonder how I'm supposed to wait, and why I pay so much for lightweight coverage.

So I'll definitely be looking at the new one next time I'm in town. If it's consistently interesting I might even consider a sub :shock:
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • Simon E wrote:

So I'll definitely be looking at the new one next time I'm in town. If it's consistently interesting I might even consider a sub :shock:

I took one out a few months ago, the magazine is usually very good i think. Do it, you won't regret it (or wait for the best gift :)
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Simon E wrote:
    donrhummy wrote:
    the last one was one of the best issues ever!
    I haven't bought many issues but after 3 weeks with the TdF review issue I'm still finding things to read. That's unheard of - I usually devour/skim-read a mag in a few hours then wonder how I'm supposed to wait, and why I pay so much for lightweight coverage.

Idon't know the price in the UK (it's very expensive in the US) but it is the best cycling mag I've ever read, so it's worth a subscription.
  • I'm still waiting for mine! Something to do with a postal strike!?!?!?
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!