Cycle Sport - my God, they're getting better!

finchy
finchy Posts: 6,686
edited September 2009 in Pro race
I've slagged Cycle Sport off on previous occasions on this forum, so I should now give credit where it's due...

CS is definitely improving. Still a few too many space filling photos for my liking, but the latest issue actually gives insight into the professional peloton. The articles have a bit more substance and there's some decent advice on training from a top coach.

And only a couple of months ago I swore I'd never buy another issue again.

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I find both Pro Cycling and CS good... at times. I read a copy or two and think "yes, can't wait for the next edition" and then, a month later, the mag seems padded with filler, 20 pages of Giro d'Italia preview or a 400 word interview stretched over several pages because of Hello! style photos of the rider at home. But the writing is good, the design too and it's always going to be a struggle to get original content.
  • georgee
    georgee Posts: 537
    just be thankful you weren't bought a cycling plus subsription by the dragon in law.
  • zammmmo
    zammmmo Posts: 315
    I think if you can get past all the 'data' and facts/figures they seem to use in CS to pad it out, the articles tend to be more detailed than PC e.g. a few months back there was a good one about the physiological effects of altitude using Garmin as the main source.