How Many Miles?

nonnac85
nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
edited September 2009 in MTB general
I read a long time ago on this forum of a site where you can log miles you have ridden. I wanted to start my own log. The search function on his site turned up nothing but on google I found www.bikejournal.com
I tried to sign up however all I get is an error message
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'

The log file for database 'bikejdb' is full. Back up the transaction log for the database to free up some log space.

Does anyone use / know of another site that does something similar (or how to get bikejournal to work?)

Thanks
My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time

Comments

• RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    A piece of paper?
  • nonnac85
    LOL :D Not so easy to compare with other riders around the workd though!!
  • RealMan
    Oh so you want to show off/be humiliated as well.. :D:wink:

Could just make a thread - "How many miles did you do this week?" every Saturday on something.

I myself did 60 miles at a 16.5mph average on the road bike on Sunday, then 22 miles at a 12.3mph average on the mountain bike last night (Tuesday). How does that compare to what you've been doing?
  • nonnac85
    I expect humiliated!!

Your off road bit is pretty similar to what Im doing.

I just wanted to keep an ongoing record to see how far I go in a year. I know I could just have a cycle computer but I dont want to end up racing my times for each journey (has happened before!)
  • Is there something like this on mapmyride
    only a thought
    ole ginger b*ll*cks / the ginger ninja
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    little pocket diary - work best.

73 miles @ 17.8 on Sat............ meant to do 75 but crashed. So no more miles for me :(

But again miles means nothing, as I am sure 30 miles mountain biking in Norfolk is hard, but 25 miles in the Peaks is harder!
  • RealMan
    nonnac85 wrote:
    I just wanted to keep an ongoing record to see how far I go in a year. I know I could just have a cycle computer but I dont want to end up racing my times for each journey (has happened before!)

Nothing wrong with trying to go faster. Very good idea actually.

And again, a piece of paper? :D

And crashing 2 miles from home, that sucks. You and the bike both alright? (ok - I care more about the bike, but I'll be polite..)
  • nonnac85
    Thanks Trekhead - Just had a look at the MapMyRide site - will give it a go.
  • I Use

www.mapmyfitness.com (Or mapmyride.com, they point to the same thing i think)

They also have an app for my iphone which uses the GPS to track where i've been & upload it to my training log. The basic version is free too.

Hope this helps....

Paul
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    There's the SC stats thread over in commuting I can't be bothered to find the link but that's where I log mine.

It's road and commuting based though so there are some big numbers, I'm 21st with a total of 2700odd miles.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • triblogs is very good. You can plan sessions, record whether you did them. You can set tests then enter your times for tests, it'll break down your time and distance by weeks/months over whatever time period you want. You can monitor time and distance of kit (very good for runners who want to keep track of trainer wear, could be interesting to use with tyres as well). It'll keep track of records for races etc. All in all, i really like it as a free weblog for training.
  • john74
    john74 Posts: 254
    2010 Forme Reve
    2010 Giant Talon 1
  • nonnac85
    Thanks for the links / info. Im going to give MapMyRide a go.
  • i have been using mapmyride for a couple of months now with my iphone, i find it really good tbh. you can also link it to facebook if you use that so all your mates can see how many times you have been out, how many miles covered, calories burnt etc.