Cav in Missouri

Comments

• prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Poor old Vandevelde, he needs to get checked out for osteoperosis. Sounds like it would have been a good one to watch I was starting to think that he might only have been winning because of the lead-out, evidently not.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    prawny wrote:
    Poor old Vandevelde, he needs to get checked out for osteoperosis. Sounds like it would have been a good one to watch I was starting to think that he might only have been winning because of the lead-out, evidently not.

It wasn't a good one to watch. I saw it on YouTube and for some bizzare reason the finish line camera was positioned behind a load of spectators and you couldn't see a thing.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Proof that Cav doesn't need a train to get him to the line.
    \'You Come At the King,You Best Not Miss\'
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Is he going to auction the motorbike for charity?
  • Some great photos on the Cycleto site, including of big Jens who is back racing.

8121_131528361215_652141215_3060694_4303785_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    wins second stage
  • Tusher
    Cav wins Stage 2.
  • Tusher
    You pipped me at the post, Camerone!

Wonder what the prize is for Stage 2.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    Looks like Thor beat him in a sprint with afew rollers in the last km. Dammit cav that's three times this year! Must do better!
  • BdeB
    BdeB Posts: 110
    Cav has pulled out ill according to Craig Lewis' twitter.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I'm not suprised, he probably fainted after losing a sprint.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    camerone wrote:
    Looks like Thor beat him in a sprint with afew rollers in the last km. Dammit cav that's three times this year! Must do better!

Columbia got done over tactically - they burnt a lot of riders in the last 10 km and ended up with only Big George towing Cav at the 1 km mark. There was a hill just after the 1 km and a load of Cervelo riders and a few others hit the gas - an attack from Danny Pate and a few other riders following just swamped Hincapie and Cav had to start jumping onto other wheels - he was about 8 or 10 men back when the sprint started with about 200 m to go. It would've been an incredible win if he'd done it but he was too far back when he opened up his sprint.

Sherwen managed to completely miss the fact Hushovd won and Frankie A had to put him right.

Nice coverage here: http://www.tourofmissouritracker.com/

From cn.com commentary: "Our previous race leader, Mark Cavendish, has dropped out of the race today. His team said that he's got a respiratory infection and the doctor advised him to quit the race. That leaves Thor Hushovd with a four second lead over JJ Haedo (Saxo Bank) on GC."
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Tusher
    Cav is ill!!

(I'm wringing my hands and chewing the rib of my cardigan sleeve at the very thought)

The poor wee thing- I can only hope that Columbia are taking good care of him- lots of hot toddies, a hot water bottle, his favourite DVDs, special invalid food and plenty of rest. And his favourite soigneur to mop his fevered brow. A menthol infusion would help. Minimal activity and only two hours a day on the play station.

Man flu is a serious business.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Maybe Craig Lewis gave him swine flu.

Hmm, I just realised that the only thing I know about Craig Lewis is that he had swine flu. Dude doesn't even have a Wikipedia page (unless he also plays football for Rotherham).
  • Tusher
    +1

Which is really rather sad for Craig Lewis.

Still, I suspect that Cav may just have a mild (hopefully) version of the swine flu. An amazing number of my colleagues are down with all the symptoms and haven't phoned NHS 24 or contacted their GP- they're just treating it at home and foregoing the tamiflu. They're taking a long time to get over it though- sudden onset, sent home from work, unable to lift their heads of the pillow for a couple of days, off work for a couple of weeks and exhausted when they come back.

And we all work for the NHS. Dunno where they're getting their swine flu stats from- we think it's far more widespread.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I wonder if the other "news story" doing the rounds has had an effect home him?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:
    I wonder if the other "news story" doing the rounds has had an effect home him?

Nothing to do with that. Colombia said he was staying in the States until the end of the race to rest, then coming home. If he'd dropped out because of the other thing he would have come straight home.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    RichN95 wrote:
    Nothing to do with that. Colombia said he was staying in the States until the end of the race to rest, then coming home. If he'd dropped out because of the other thing he would have come straight home.

It's gotta be pretty embarrassing. Lets hope Boonen doesn't try to be his best friend now.

:wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Wrong flavour for Boonen.
  • BdeB
    BdeB Posts: 110
    Sorry to be slow. What is the other story?
  • RichN95.
    BdeB wrote:
    Sorry to be slow. What is the other story?

His brother's apparently been up to no good. Best leave it at that.