Squadra for the Worlds

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited September 2009 in Pro race
Cunego, Basso, Ballan, Pozzato, Paolini, Garselli, Bruseghin and Scarponi

Do any of them hate each other?
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Bloody hell, strong team if they work together :shock:
  • NapoleonD wrote:

haha :lol: work together..
  • No they seem to have got it sorted these last few years after the debacle that was Madrid.

Basso's a strange one, it must be a lumpy course, although he'll probably only be s super domestique.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    iainf72 wrote:
    Cunego, Basso, Ballan, Pozzato, Paolini, Garselli, Bruseghin and Scarponi

Do any of them hate each other?

Only 8 riders?

Strava is not Zen.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Two Puerto heads. I see all is forgiven with Scarponi too.

Not entirely sure about the chiefs to indians ration though.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    jimycooper wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

haha :lol: work together..

They did all right last year.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Timoid. wrote:

Ballan main man as defending champ Cunego and Pozzato next up the rest all indians.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Timoid. wrote:

Not to mention Paolini. Operazione Athena, Oil for Drugs...
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    It's Cunego's to lose I feel, especially if he does the smart thing and lose enoguh time on the Vuelta GC for his sponsors to not mind him leaving early...

Quality sentance there....
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Is anyone actually going to watch this?

I mean - heading out to Mendrisio and seeing it live?

I've booked flights and a hostel in Menaggio, on the west coast of Lake Como - should be ~30mile ride to Mendrisio.

Might start a new thread...?!

Doubt very much the Italians will manage to work together, but worry that a few of the nations will work hard to box in Wiggins etc. Could end up a bit like the Beijing Madison...
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    TommyEss wrote:
    Doubt very much the Italians will manage to work together, but worry that a few of the nations will work hard to box in Wiggins etc. Could end up a bit like the Beijing Madison...

The main difference being, Wiggo was odds-on favourite for the Olympic madison, but will be a 100/1 shot for the Worlds RR.

Every single person in the Italian squad - possibly with the exception of Bruseghin - has a better chance than Wiggins. 4th in the Tour is impressive and all that, but how many races in his road career has he ever won?
  • samb01
    samb01 Posts: 130
    TommyEss wrote:
    Is anyone actually going to watch this?

I mean - heading out to Mendrisio and seeing it live?
    I am. Will be visiting some people in Krakow, and since flying from Krakow to Bergamo is dirt cheap, me and a buddy (who couldn't care less about cycling but doesn't mind tagging along) have decided to drop by. Will definitely be there on the 27., probably on the 26.
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Cool beans samb01,

I had arranged to be in Croatia that week with friends, but they all got flakey, I still had the time off work already, so I thought "sod it", found a hostel, found some flights, so I'll take my bike and have a week round and about Como.

Will be my first "big" race - managed to catch the prologue of the Tour du Romandie last year in Geneva - but I was working in Basel at the time, it was a Swiss bank holiday, and work gave us a travel allowance - seemed rude not to!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • samb01
    samb01 Posts: 130
    Will be my first live pro race period (not counting last months Oslo Grand Prix criterium). Very much looking forward to the experience, but I'm certainly not expecting to have a better view than on television :)

I envy you that biking vacation. Even though I've been a cycling geek for years now, I only just recently bought my first road bike (I've had three commuters stolen, so I had kinda decided I'd had it with bikes), so I do plan on taking similar vacations in the years to come. France during july next year is very much on the agenda.