£200 for a pair of carbon seatstays for Fisher Hifi Pro?

Davesurf20
Davesurf20 Posts: 21
edited March 2013 in MTB general
Hi guys and gals,

Ive just come back from giving the Hifi a good thrashing round Afan, and I had a stupid low speed spill, which resulted in a dink in the left hand carbon seat stay. Anyway, it cracked, and needs replacing. Luckily its a bolt on part and not an entire rear triangle!

I consulted the manual and warrenty card, and Fisher say about their crash replacement scheme which says they will sell the replacements for a greatly reduced price.

So the LBS got on to Trek today, and i've been quoted £200 for a pair of seatstays, as apparently they dont sell them individually :shock:

Am I being bent over a barrel and being royally rogered? Or does this all sound about right? If im honest, if i'd known how expensive these would have been to replace i'd have opted for a Lapierre :?

Cheers

Comments

• sounds like they're stiffing you a bit tbh. I'd contact them directly and quote their crash replacement policy to them as 200 doesn't sound like they're doing you any favours at all, plus it's disingenuous of them to insist on selling you a pair as crash replacement for only one.
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Can you get alloy ones? Might be a better bet.
  • Well I've had concerns that they may be creaming a bit off the top. I've tried to find a phone number to no avail, so I've fired an email to them on their website. I'll let you know the outcome
  • hmm... alloy ones. interesting!
  • No even on the base model they're carbon!
  • Probably a long time too late, but I have a couple of Carbon seat stays available for a 2009 26'' Hifi Pro
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Er by about four years.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Face full of palm...