Coppa Placci?

disquieting_museeuws
edited September 2009 in Pro race
What happened with the Coppa Placci, which should have taken place this saturday 5 sept, I can't find a result or any news. Was it cancelled or moved?

Comments

• I think the Italian cup races have been re organised, so they're different to what they used to be. I know Giro delle Romagna was today, won by Murilo Fischer in a very lovely part of the world.

And was it the Giro del Veneto or something that Pippo Pozatto won the other week. The results should be on CN for the recent Italian races, though I can't vouch for the Coppa Placci.

Sorry I couldn't be more of a help.
  • Yes, I watched Romagna, yesterday, but noticed there was no sign of the Coppa Placci, down on the UCI calander for the 5th.
    I think it got moved to June....
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Thanks for the info, no doubt I saw the result at the time (all the races melt into each other after a while). It doesn't appear on the UCI calender at all which threw me (I used to rely on Cyclingnews, but we all know what happened to that)!

I think the Giro used the same course for a stage last year?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    It's the Italian RR championships.
  • afx237vi wrote:
    It's the Italian RR championships.

Thanks, I guess it was run as the National Champs this year and will presumably revert to its normal slot next year when the champs move to a different locale?