• Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Liquigas helping on the front now...
  • Moomaloid
    Come on David!!
  • jim one
    jim one Posts: 183
    "Tommy D" as P and P say is still there!!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Wow, it's 2004 all over again 8)
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Cunego!!??? wow.
  • afx237vi
    Oof, bad luck Moomaloid...
  • Moomaloid
    NOOO Damiano u git!
  • afx237vi
    Gesink, go on, get in!
  • Moomaloid
    will he hold on for 2nd
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    And Gesink attacks too! You can see the other favorites let Cunego go, with his poor TT, but Gesink?
  • afx237vi
    David Harmon on Cunego... "the man who literally tore the legs off his team-mate Gilberto Simoni in 2004..."

Damn, I musta missed that day. Is it on Youtube?
  • Moomaloid
    so unlucky!
  • Moomaloid
    why did i pick Schleck and not Evans for the overall, foolish!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Bravo Cunego

Classy ride

And good ride by Danielson too. I think he got dropped when Basso was on the front but got back.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,871
    cunego finally buys a power meter..

sanchez placing himself under pressure by missing splits and crashing
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • afx237vi
    Valjavec does his usual trick of getting in the top 10 without ever appearing on TV. That guy must have Harry Potter's invisibility cloak or something.
  • afx237vi wrote:
    Valjavec does his usual trick of getting in the top 10 without ever appearing on TV. That guy must have Harry Potter's invisibility cloak or something.
    :lol:
    Saxo seem to have the same cloak, but have forgotten to take it off. :wink:

I'd love to see Cunego come into contension, if only to make our kind Eurosport commentators squirm.

Tommy D re-invents himself, too.
    All in all, that climb was about as predictable as the sprints.

Maybe Cadel can get a slightly washed out Gold jersey made? :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • afx237vi wrote:

Haha, this is very true.

Good to see Gesink light it up. I am pleased for Cunego although I would have preferred for him to get 2nd.

That was a pretty increible stage to be honest. 6hours+ and 33km/h average.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    iainf72 wrote:
    Bravo Cunego

Classy ride

And good ride by Danielson too. I think he got dropped when Basso was on the front but got back.

Yea great ride by the little prince he is one of my fav riders i am afraid though as far as the GC goes the stage was in keeping with the rest of the Vuelta so far. Not one attack of any note from the contendors.Maybe tommorow will be better

yawning%20man%20copy.jpg
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • afx237vi
    I'd love to see Cunego come into contension, if only to make our kind Eurosport commentators squirm.

Good point. Harmon has been pretty quick to hint at the reason whenever Cunego was getting pasted on every GT mountain stage, without ever actually saying it.

I don't think he is a real contender though. We'll see tomorrow, but I don't think he'll be able to repeat what he did today.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    What's up with Kreuziger? Lost 25 minutes and the only support Basso had was from the ever reliable Szymd. Contract to the green armada in the Giro.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • moray_gub
    afx237vi wrote:

Good point. Harmon has been pretty quick to hint at the reason whenever Cunego was getting pasted on every GT mountain stage, without ever actually saying it.

I don't think he is a real contender though. We'll see tomorrow, but I don't think he'll be able to repeat what he did today.

I like Harmon as a commentator but he has been quite nasty with re Cunego especially when he slips off the back at the Giro or the Tour . He talks about reasons for his lack of form and different era now etc etc. A bit unfair after all he is a triple Lombardy winner and was close to winning the Worlds last year. He is a contendor now only by virtue of finding himself 1.30 or so off the lead but i suspect he has no GC ambitions and may loose time to allow him leeway later in the race.
  • When he attacked today, their surprise was palpable. They hadn't even bothered to take note it was he who was following both Basso and Valverde's wheel, until he attacked.

Their response was an unfunny joke about his ability and sniggering on air.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • I never listen to ES commentary. There are many superior options with more knowledgable and interesting commentators.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • moray_gub
    I never listen to ES commentary. There are many superior options with more knowledgable and interesting commentators.

To be fair to Harmon he is quite knowledgeable and his rider recognition is usually excellent and Kelly reads a race so well. All in all imo a very good commentary team but they were poor today.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    I never listen to ES commentary. There are many superior options with more knowledgable and interesting commentators.

What in English? You have to be kidding, right?

Strava is not Zen.
  • Commentary from the French channels, or from rtbf surpasses it without question. In English I listen to some commentator (no idea who he is) but he is very good, picking out the riders easily, providing interesting information and importantly not imposing his 'character'.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Hoogerland.
    Reuters
    610x.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Sirotti
    06092009_05gf.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest