haha you gotta love a good thunderstorm

skullthaw
skullthaw Posts: 321
edited September 2009 in MTB general
I was up in cannock chase last week and got f***ing soaked in a huge thunderstorm the trails where slippy as hell and i was on small block 8s so drifting round the bends in rain like a pro :wink: which was so dence it was like cycling through a lake and the huge thunder claps just made it even more exciting

came off though :? and kinked/ knackered the cable on my front m4 :twisted: so also have an excuse to buy a goodrdge hose, yay!

what a day made me relise why I love mtbs so much :D:D:D
2 Broken fingers broken again... F@$%^£g hell that hurt!!!

92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.
METAL!!!!!

Comments

• jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    i love riding in the rain especially with lots of mud :D if you were riding on the road you would get just wet and that boring :roll:
  • +1 Gotta love riding in stormy conditions. Of course, you've no choice with our climate. I'm not sure about going out in a thunderstorm though, something about riding around on a wheeled lightning conductor gives me the shivers :shock:
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Zeroman_IR wrote:
    +1 Gotta love riding in stormy conditions. Of course, you've no choice with our climate. I'm not sure about going out in a thunderstorm though, something about riding around on a wheeled lightning conductor gives me the shivers :shock:

:lol:

Riding in lightning is so fantastic, especially when your in the woods. Scary stuff.
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Salsa
    Salsa Posts: 753
    There's a nice trail near me that runs beside a river for a few miles. Every so often when it's rained heavily, or the rivers overflowed, it turns into this super sloppy clay, it's so slimy that you can't even ride in a straight line but it's so much fun. You can't go faster than 5 mph as it's flat & there's no traction so your constantly steering into slides just to stay upright in a straight line.
    I love riding in those type of conditions as it's so demanding, stop concentrating for a second & your off the bike :lol:
  • fcumok
    fcumok Posts: 283
    I love riding in the rain but hate cleaning my bike afterwards
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    Zeroman_IR wrote:
    +1 Gotta love riding in stormy conditions. Of course, you've no choice with our climate. I'm not sure about going out in a thunderstorm though, something about riding around on a wheeled lightning conductor gives me the shivers :shock:
    not to worry, it's only train conductors that will get struck by lightning :lol:

i better leave :oops:
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    jay12 wrote:
    not to worry, it's only train conductors that will get struck by lightning :lol:

You wish :wink:
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • nah riding in pi55ing rain in a wood with lightning and lightning has an incredible eletric atmosphere it is the best time to be on an mtb :D
    2 Broken fingers broken again... F@$%^£g hell that hurt!!!

92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.
    METAL!!!!!