Handlebar rotation

aclarkson71
aclarkson71 Posts: 47
edited September 2009 in MTB beginners
What effect would rotating the position of the handlebar have? (I have a Carrera Fury xc bike). Would repositioning the bars help with numbness of fingers etc. and how would the ride characteristics be altered?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Best thing to do is experiment. You can move the controls independantly of course.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Best to experiment. I like my bars rotated quite far forwards so that the normal rearward sweep of the bars is pointing in a more upwards direction - just feels right to me.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Yeah, it's a personal taste thing, no one right answer. Like, with my old flats I ran them completely the wrong way round, so they angled forwards, worked for me but everyone else thought I was a clown :lol:

But, numbness of fingers might have other causes- a death grip perhaps, or bad lever position. Try mucking around with the levers, varying your grip, maybe new grips? Could even be your gloves, some can restrict circulation.

The stock ones are fine IMO but a bit hard. The Fury does have a pretty neutral position but we're all different shapes.
    Uncompromising extremist