I suppose I should say hello!

nerak
nerak Posts: 87
edited December 2009 in Women
Hi all

Relative newbie to the site. Thought I'd pop in here and say hello and introduce myself. :D

Nerak isn't my name its really Karen and I'm 29 from Nr Fareham, Hants.

Love getting out on my bike, always have, always will.

Very overweight these days but that'll never stop me! I have good stamina which seems to get me through.

Sport used to be my life until I got a job :( Now for 10+ years I've not really done much at all and it hurts so bad as I really miss it (and hate being overweight!)

If anyone ever wants to hook up at anything I wouldn't mind as I've no mates round my way to do anything with (moved here from Lancashire).

Love all sport - cycling, tennis, football, hockey, badminton... list goes on.

Bit useless at introductions and I'm getting bored of talking about myself, so there I am.

I've said 'hi' now! lol
Mine's a pint...

... oh this bits for the bike. Mine's a Giant Talon W3 (and a GT Avalanche for sale)

Comments

• hey there Nerak welcome.
    where abouts near Fareham are you? i'm along the coast in Brighton but get out your way occasionaly QECP and south downs way mainly! :D
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Hello :D

I know Fareham very well - I used to live there for years (and now have a house which I rent out there!)!

I now live near Romsey, and ride with a group every Wednesday night out of Fordingbridge. We ride for a couple of hours but it is quite technical - you are welcome to join us! It's quite a way to go, but I used to drive there from Fareham so it is possible!

I think there is also a group that rides near Whitely (google it and you'll find them).

PM me if you would like more details about the New Forest rides :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • SJ
    SJ Posts: 2,871
    Hello,

I'm SJ and I live in Southampton.
    Quite often go for rides at QECP and Rogate, ride mainly DH but the occasional bit of XC too!

What sort of riding do you do?
    a dirtbag of the most delightful variety
  • nerak
    nerak Posts: 87
    Hi Guys. Didn't realise anyone had replied to me.

I live North of Fareham just outside Wickham.

Never thought of going to QECP, never even been there.

Where is Rogate?

PS. DH - Downhill? XC - Crosscountry?

I will ride anywhere/any style if i'm in good company. Whether I keep up is another matter :lol:

Don't like road riding much tho.

When does anyone ride at QECP, do you do evenings? Maybe I can join?

Cheeeeeeeeeerz.
    Mine's a pint...

... oh this bits for the bike. Mine's a Giant Talon W3 (and a GT Avalanche for sale)
  • SJ
    SJ Posts: 2,871
    I know Wickham, buy feed for my neddies just near there!

Rogate is just past Petersfield, mainly jumps and downhill style tracks.
    QECP has some good trails for some gentle XC, nothing too big or strenuos but for anything more adventurous you really have to head further afield. I spend most of my weekends riding in Wales nowadays!
    a dirtbag of the most delightful variety
  • is there an intro section? all i could find was one with photos