My Wolf Ridge (new bling added 10/01/10)

MacAndCheese
MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
edited January 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Yay! ...But I can't ride it til tomorrow :( Boo!

Anyway, this is probably the worst pic in the history of 'Your Rides' but it's all i had time to grab on my phone before work this morning....will add more later.

908e9576.jpg

Just also like to say excellent service from Rutland Cycles, quickly delivered for free, excellent price,very well wrapped and protected in the box with all manuals etc and pretty much fully assembled (just have to add pedals,twist the bars and pump up tyres and shocks)....
no Haribo though... ;)

**NEW PICS**
IMG_4470.jpg
IMG_4471.jpg
IMG_4468.jpg

The suspension design is a work of art:
IMG_4466.jpg

But not too keen on the grafitti style graphics on the stem, seatpost and bars
IMG_4465.jpg
Santa Cruz Chameleon
Orange Alpine 160

Comments

• scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    Mate, I would have to pull a sicky from work. There is no way I could get a bike in the post in the morning and go to work. I would have to unwrap and start tinkering with it straight away! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing the unwrapped version.
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    nice :D

rode an attack trail at the rutland test day and loved it, bit heavy tho
  • very nice that is mate. what size is it out of interrest and how much does it weight?
    I assume this is French petrol - be careful in reverse - the car will retreat rapidly at the least provocation.
  • very nice that is mate. what size is it out of interrest and how much does it weight?

Its a medium (17.5")
    Not sure about weight - quite heavy - I think official weight is 33lbs ish.

Took it for its first ride yesterday, it is an amazing bit of kit, suspension design is spot on - despite the extra weight it climbs well, the lack of 'bob' puts my Kona to shame. Bars are a little wider than I'm used to and I'm still working or getting all the pressures etc. just right.
    But so far its been a very confidence inspiring ride and I haven't been able to get the smile of my face, which is what it's all about :)
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    you are going to LOVE it!
    Ignore the weight thing, there's a reason it's not as light as an XC thoroughbred, it's made to take a proper pasting, and come back for more.
    Just come back from a week in Glentress / Innerleithen on mine, and there was nothing the sucker couldn't handle.
    It will handle XC routes, and put a mahoosive smile on your face on the descents, it loves tight singletrack, tecky rooty sections, big air, drops, well anything, literally.
    It is the epitome of "mountain bike". :D
  • SPIRO
    SPIRO Posts: 200
    8)

Nice fella, very nice. Enjoy it mate
  • would a medium suit someone who is 6" then?
    I assume this is French petrol - be careful in reverse - the car will retreat rapidly at the least provocation.
  • would a medium suit someone who is 6" then?

Mmm... Not sure, perhaps go a bit bigger as I'm 5,7" and the bike is a good fit. I tried one at an lbs a while back.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • ok thanks there was one at quest adventure in medium but it sounds like it won't fit
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I ride a medium, and I'm about 5'10" The frame is very compact, vertically though, which allows me to put the seat way WAY down out of the way.
    The length of the medium frame feels absolutely bang on for me though.

Probably best to try before you buy when it comes to size.
  • Nice !!!,

I bought the 6.7 about a month ago, upgraded the wheelset to DT Swiss 5.1 Hope Hoops, brakes to Stroker Trails, front mech to XT and cranks to SLX.

These bikes are amazing, they do weigh a bit but after a while you dont notice, as soon as you hit a descent they are beasts !!!.

Off to Cwm Carn this Monday for a proper ride
  • Doombrain
    Doombrain Posts: 360
    love the colour
    LOL road riding.
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    I'm amazed it lasted so long unmodified, but I finally got round to it, and finally got rid of the horrible graffiti style Syncros finishing kit.

Sunline V1 stem and bars, amazed how much lighter they are than the syncros kit, finishing and build quality are excellent and I love the metallic grey:

sunline.jpg

Took advantage of the half price deal on CRC and got a Joplin, haven't ridden it yet, but the finishing is superb and the 3" adjustment feel like it's going to be enough, also looks mint in black and orange :) :
    joplin.jpg

Snapped the plastic cages on the M424 pedals so bought a pair of DX SPDs, these things weight a ton! but will hopefully stand up to abuse.
    DX.jpg

So here's what it all looks like together, really starting to take shape IMO :D :
    completeWR.jpg
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Not really a fan of that frame normally but that looks nice....must be the colour.
  • Duffer
    Duffer Posts: 379
    I like the way you carefully lifted it into place, so you could get a picture of it on virgin snow!

I love the colour of that bike - and i especially love the way the word "pike" is in orange
  • Duffer wrote:
    I like the way you carefully lifted it into place, so you could get a picture of it on virgin snow!

I love the colour of that bike - and i especially love the way the word "pike" is in orange

I like that too, wondering where I can get me a set actually.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    Duffer wrote:

I like that too, wondering where I can get me a set actually.
    not exactly the same but still orange http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROCKSHOX-PIKE-decals-1-PAIR-ORANGE-147mm-x-40mm_W0QQitemZ220537088223QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR?hash=item335908e8df
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    Mac that's a beauty mate. That stem is gorgeous.
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • Tis a good looking bike there, I love the mentallist orange too and subtle colour coding. I have the same stem it's brilliant.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    lookin good mate, was never a fan of the syncros "grunge" either :lol: