First post, newb questions.

tvi_82
tvi_82 Posts: 32
edited September 2009 in MTB beginners
Hey guys, this is my first post (after lurking for about 2 months :lol: )

Since this is my first post i`ll add some info about me :oops:

So i`m 27 and live in central Scotland and rather unfit..... soon to change :twisted: , about 6 weeks ago i decided it was time for a new bike.... to replace the Raleigh full-suspenion i got for £180 from littlewoods when i was 17 :lol::lol: (god that bike served me well :wink: )

Anyway i went along to Evans and bought myself a Genesis Core 10. and loving it!

So far i have only been round local country parks (starthclyde park, chatelherault) for some practice.

Now the main reason for this post was so i could ask a few questions.......

As i live about an hours drive from Glentress thats the place i want to do most of my riding.

So whats the best place to start?

What route should a newb be going for (riding alone :( )

How long should the route take to complete? (so i can work on stamina)

What skills should i work on before i head down there?

Thak you to anyone who actually reads all of that, and thank you for any replys.

Comments

• im a slight noob but i know i should never go riding alone because if u have a major crash then your screwed, but if u are, always go somewhere where loads of riders are riding so if u do crash then they will come and help you out.
  • glentress has a website im sure. also look in the route section on here to see what people are upto round your neck of the woods.
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • Cheers for the tips :wink:

I didnt know GT had a website :? (i did try a bit of research on my own before posting... obv not enought tho :lol: )

Yeah thats what i thought about "flying solo" what if something happens.... so i wont be heading to the highlands anytime soon :cry:
  • roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • anything that looks fun and takes as long as it takes, the more you do the faster you will become :D
    2 Broken fingers broken again... F@$%^£g hell that hurt!!!

92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.
    METAL!!!!!
  • Mmmm that Genesis looks nice..... I like. Not sure what the riding is like up there but I'll recommend taking some basic backup tools in a backpack (or a Camelbak). Multi-tool, levers, patches, pump etc. Always wear your gloves and keep your helmet on as much as possible.