Can I use the cycle scheme voucher in a different shop?

projectsome
projectsome Posts: 4,478
edited September 2009 in MTB general
Ok, I've just sent off for my cycle scheme voucher after getting my quote from a LBS. Do I have to use the voucher in that shop or can I use it participating shop?

I think the last time I got one it had the shop name on but can't remember.

EDIT: Can this be moved to the buying advice section. must've pressed back on the browser or something.

ta
FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!

Comments

• Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    Cycle2work is Halfords specific I believe. Evans have their own and there is another one which is more general
  • Only Halfords
  • Pufftmw wrote:
    Cycle2work is Halfords specific I believe. Evans have their own and there is another one which is more general

oops. sorry it's actually cyclescheme :oops:
  • Just had one last week from Cyclescheme and it comes with a code on it specific to the bike shop that you have told them you intend to buy from.........
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    As above you tell them the shop, bike and price beforehand. I used this scheme through Ribble. Merlin use it too.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Bregante wrote:
    Just had one last week from Cyclescheme and it comes with a code on it specific to the bike shop that you have told them you intend to buy from.........
    ]

When I filled the form in at work I didn't put anything on the form. I'm guessing the bike shop might sent them a copy of the quote.

My HR Dept tells me the voucher will be delivered end of the month.
  • My employer uses Cycleschemes online application system, I had to fill out the quote (as per the paper copy provided to me at the shop). On the online application I had to type in a code, which you can find on the website under each of the dealers who participate in the scheme. (see partner shops)

When the voucher arrived, the bike shops name was definitely typed on it, so I'm guessing that it would not be accepted elsewhere.

Why? If you have changed your mind which shop to buy from, you can always cancel and start again
  • Cyclescheme will let you change it. Notify them and return the voucher, they'll issue a new one in your prefered suppliers name.
    So get Zero G scrubbed out and Pembury Cycles on the voucher instead. Good luck!
  • reluctant wrote:
    Cyclescheme will let you change it. Notify them and return the voucher, they'll issue a new one in your prefered suppliers name.
    So get Zero G scrubbed out and Pembury Cycles on the voucher instead. Good luck!

How long did it take for you to get it changed?

Went into a bike shop as I had to pick my wheel up and asked if they had said bike in stock.

They said the supplier had ran out until December so couldn't get any. I'm assuming this would be the case with the shop I got the quote from.

Don't really wanna be paying for a bike in Oct if I'm not getting it until December....
  • It should be done by return of post. Ask Cyclescheme. Sorry, not being evasive, I didn't send a voucher back, but I've had customers who have, so they could buy from me rather than" Bike Shop Z" , so I know for sure it can be done.
    BTW, what bike do you need?
  • reluctant wrote:
    It should be done by return of post. Ask Cyclescheme. Sorry, not being evasive, I didn't send a voucher back, but I've had customers who have, so they could buy from me rather than" Bike Shop Z" , so I know for sure it can be done.
    BTW, what bike do you need?

I take it I need to obtain a new quote as well from the new bike shop?

If the stock of Trek Fuel Ex 5's have run out then it'll be the Giant Anthem X4 or something similar between the two.
  • Projectsome,

Let us know how this goes, or what cyclescheme say. Im in the same situation. During the time ive been waiting for my voucher, i've been doing more research and now want to get a different bike from a different shop.

Would be interested to learn from your experience!

Tollers
  • reluctant
    reluctant Posts: 600
    edited November 2011
    You don't need to get a new quote. Just contact Cyclescheme saying you want to have a voucher in a different shops name. Easy as that. Send the voucher back with any ref number they give you and details of your new prefered supplier.
  • reluctant wrote:
    You don't need to get a new quote. Just contact Cyclescheme saying you want to have a voucher in a different shops name. Easy as that. Send the voucher back with any ref number they give you and details of your new prefered supplier. BTW, I have an Anthem 3 in stock in a medium. £1100. Can ship to Bristol quite easily :wink:

2010 model? delivered? :shock:
  • 09.....2010s are a way off yet. We don't even have a date :(
  • reluctant wrote:
    09.....2010s are a way off yet. We don't even have a date :(

:(
  • 2010 Anthems are available in 5th week of Jan 2010. Prices start at £1400 for the 4 and £1750 for the 3. 09 prices look sweet :wink:
  • Ok, got my voucher yesterday, It didnt' have a shop code on it so was able to use it in a different shop.

It did have a barcode and a long reference number which the guy entered on the till...

The top half had my details ie home address, place of work, and employer code.

It had a date then said something like it needed to be used within 60 days
    and underneath it said valid in any participating cyclescheme store.

The bottom half had a form for the shop to fill out with the shop and bike details.

Went for the Fuel EX 6.5. As someone was going to buy it last week they built it up but as he didn't pay a deposit he lost out. Should be picking it up tomorrow.