Ordered my new parts!

mattie007
mattie007 Posts: 98
edited September 2009 in MTB beginners
Thanks to all the help I received on these forums, I have just orded my new drivetrain! :D Its basically a full deore setup, M590 crank, HG93 chain and HG50 Casette. Saved quite abit too from chain reactions!

Its the first new stuff Ive bought for the bike after 2 and half years and 6000 miles!
'07 Giant Terrago - Gone but not forgotten....thankyou Center Parcs...... :(

'11 Giant Talon 0

Comments

• xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Its the first new stuff Ive bought for the bike after 2 and half years and 6000 miles!
    Nice mileage. Well done. 1 year and 1 month 1500miles, so far me. :|
    And hoping not to break your record of 2.5 years for not buying anything for the bike.
    Only pedals have changed so far, because I broke the others but that doesn't count. :oops:
  • Yeh, it is a pretty impressive record! Its used everyday for work (around 5 miles), then biking at weekends. All Ive done is oil the chain!

'11 Giant Talon 0
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    I'm surprised how much long has your old drivetrain lasted.
    I mean 6000 miles are a lot, not mentioning the weather and all that mud. :shock:

What was your original drivetrain?
  • anjs
    anjs Posts: 486
    Do you have the tools to swap it over?
  • snig
    snig Posts: 428
    whats it cost you? am about to replace my drivetrain soon,looking at a xt setup.
  • Got an XT chainset here myself. Great price.
  • snig
    snig Posts: 428
    Danke! did you not get hit with custom fees?
  • No. Germany is in the EU so no customs fees. It took them about a week to ship but their prices on Shimano stuff are fantastic.
  • Xtreem wrote:
    I'm surprised how much long has your old drivetrain lasted.
    I mean 6000 miles are a lot, not mentioning the weather and all that mud. :shock:

What was your original drivetrain?

Original is just a standard deore drivetrain. Even when ridden in mud and rain, it was never cleaned after! I must be gentle on the pedals I guess!

I don't think i have the tools to do it myself unless its a simple job with a few allen keys?
    Been quoted £30 to fit and a service which isn't bad.

'11 Giant Talon 0
  • heez29
    heez29 Posts: 612
    Zeroman_IR wrote:
    No. Germany is in the EU so no customs fees. It took them about a week to ship but their prices on Shimano stuff are fantastic.

so in general how much is shipping costs? I tried to look but got really confused!
  • Shipping to the UK is 9.95 euro. Plus 5 euro if paying by credit card. There's an extra 10 euro if you order bulky good which are trainers, frames, rims, wheels and workstands. It looks complicated but is easy enough to figure out. Prices still work out pretty cheap too.
  • heez29
    heez29 Posts: 612
    Zeroman_IR wrote:
    Shipping to the UK is 9.95 euro. Plus 5 euro if paying by credit card. There's an extra 10 euro if you order bulky good which are trainers, frames, rims, wheels and workstands. It looks complicated but is easy enough to figure out. Prices still work out pretty cheap too.

So in theory i'd be paying an extra 15 euros for lets say a seatpost, shifters?
  • That's it basically. Not worth it for cheap stuff but in the case of Shimano XT/XTR chainsets you're still saving a significant amount over domestic prices.