New kid on the block saying Hello

liam_1974
liam_1974 Posts: 3
edited September 2009 in MTB beginners
Evening all, just thought i would introduce myself.

I am Liam, live at Leyland near Preston, used to do a lot of riding many years ago, before i discovered beer and women lol.

But decided over the weekend between me and the wife that we should get a couple of bikes so that we can take the kids out on rides.

I am going to start doing more XC/Trail riding byself or with the Father-in-Law. Really need to shred the spare tyre that has started to hang mid-drift lol

My bike, just got it of Ebay on Sunday, Its a Merlin, with Etrto Rims, Suntour Shocks, STR running gear, but being honest the forks and running gear is shot at, so already trying to buy parts without the wife seeing :D, looking at upgrading all running gear to Shimarno XT, seems a mid range gear at a resonable price, any views ?

The 1 thing I am unsure about is the Merlin frame, dont know what model or year it is, prob best to take it to Merlin themselves (only 10 min from home), but went out yesterday for a hour or so on it, and even tho the forks are scrap really and the gears dont all work etc I had great fun, cant wait to get it all fixed up and get out there and get MUDDY.

I am sure that I will be posting a number of help topics over the next few weeks, so if asked please help me as i am a newbie.

Just a quickie, how do I add a picture, would like to upload pics of my ride.

Sorry about the long post.

Liam

Comments