Seat keeps tilting back

iljs
iljs Posts: 78
edited September 2009 in MTB beginners
Hi,
I am trying to adjust my seat to tilt slighty forward but every time i do it and go out on my bike and hit some bumps it tilts backwards again. I got my LBS to do it for me as well today but again it has tilted backwards again. Any ideas on how i can keep it at the angle im after? Im new to this so wondering if there was a trick to it. I have a giant yukon.
Thanks in advance

Tim

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    tighten the bolt(s) more.

what is the seat post? (pics)
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • iljs
    The bolts have been tightened alot, its a standard giant one. does this help?
    Thanks
  • nicklouse
    then it has not been done correctly.

link to a picture of your seatpost? or bike or...
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • chubby666
    chubby666 Posts: 116
    Yep sounds like a seatpost problem you have there matey
  • iljs
    Just found a picture of my seat post.
    http://www.bikeradar.com/gallery/articl ... %2Farticle
    Thanks
    Tim
  • nicklouse
    Ok single bolt.

make sure that the "teeth" are locked in place before full tightening the bolt.

if this still moves then you may have a faulty seat post or a damaged seat post or you just need a different design.
  • iljs
    thanks for the help
  • chubby666
    chubby666 Posts: 116
    you could also loosen the bolt and slide your saddle a little forwards , as in your pic it looks like its sat right at the front of the rails
  • nicklouse
    chubby666 wrote:
    you could also loosen the bolt and slide your saddle a little forwards , as in your pic it looks like its sat right at the front of the rails

not his picture but it is one of the BR test bikes :roll:
  • Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    A bit of threadlock on the threads might help. It worked for me!