Hep would be much appreciated

b16 b3n
b16 b3n Posts: 301
edited August 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
hey guys just a quickie, im just doing up my old bike which is a giant ATX.

the problem i have now occured is that i have changed the cassette ratio to a 11-30.

But let me shine some light on the situation.

I have sram 7.0 grip shift, sram 5.0 triple front gear, sram x9 rear gear. I have just changed the rear gear today. but the old rear gear was a sram, cant say what model as it has rubbed off.
BUT - the problem i have got now is that when i shift i gets to halfway up the block (near low gear) and overshifts it self. I have setup the dears inline with low and high! im no ammature im just new to sram components.
ive mess around with the tension of the cable and when i do this it does it a bit further down the block down towards the high gears.The thing which is bothering me is that the cassette is a shimano hyperglide. A new chain is also fitted
I thouhght Sram and shimano are compatible or do i have this wrong?
Are do i have a bent dropout?

all help would be appreciated

thanks
" GET BACK CROC "

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    edited August 2009
    Which model of gripshift is it, some are shimano only

You are a bit wrong about shimano/sram compatibility, issues are with rear mech's & shifters, nothing else though.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    b16 b3n wrote:
    I thouhght Sram and shimano are compatible or do i have this wrong?
    so you have replaced a Sram mech with a shimano mech?

go by a Sram mech.

they have different pull ratios and are not mixable.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Andy_B wrote:
    Which model of gripshift is it, some are shimano only

a 7.0 cough
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown