Training/Touring in Spain - October through to December

dutchwallpaper
dutchwallpaper Posts: 7
edited August 2009 in Tour & expedition
Im intending to head over Spain in early October for a couple of months for a combination of cycle touring and also training. Plan is to ride point to point and then set myself up for a week in a "cycle friendly" spot to do some training for a week or so and then head off again to the next spot. Rough plan is to start at the top of Spain and head down as we move towards December, ending up in Andalucia.

i dont want to do "guided tour" training camps, rather just have a base for that week or so (shared house, apartment, room with common kitchen etc) and then the opportunity to head off and do my own thing or hook up with the local group ride, etc during that time.

So i would appreciate any links or advice on good bases and then accomodation that is cycle friendly, or maybe you know of a place where cyclists can rent a room for a week or so in a shared house etc, anything like that im not fussy and would appreciate the company. Also not looking for anything too flash. A room with a bed and a heater and a kitchen to use is more than enough for my needs. Also more than happy to work for my room as well if that is viable option.

Also like to hear from anyone who will be in Spain at that time as well!

cheers,

Byron

Comments