Specialized Secteur Sport noobs first run

2»

Comments

• 5'11 and got fairly long legs and arms.

decided on a 56" only after a couple of visit to shops to have sizings
  • I'm a shortarsed 5'6"/ 5'7". So I have a 52cm frame. But I've also got long arms which makes buying clothes a pain sometimes.

Despite my moans I've found the Secteur very comfortable. Much better than I expected a road bike to be. I think I need to get padded shorts though, me plumbs were complaining a bit last night :shock:

I found a strange thing on the bike. At the bottom of the vertical seat tube there is a plastic 'thing'. It is clipped onto the tube and has a hook shaped bit sticking out pointing up the down tube . It looks like you might hang a pump on it but there is nothing at the other end?
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    Aspman77 wrote:

I found a strange thing on the bike. At the bottom of the vertical seat tube there is a plastic 'thing'. It is clipped onto the tube and has a hook shaped bit sticking out pointing up the down tube . It looks like you might hang a pump on it but there is nothing at the other end?

is this on the inside of the chainset? - if so it is just to catch the chain if it 'unships' from one of the chainrings.
  • Ahh.

Everyday is a school day :)
  • Aspman77 wrote:
    Ahh.

Everyday is a school day :)
    Glad to read such a nice piece of information.
    This is exciting news.
    what a great info, thanks.
    property asset project | document internet management software Utilizing your internet resources effectively through internet management software. property asset project | document internet management software
  • I've just bought a 2010 Secteur Sport, my first new road bike. One problem I've found is that it's not possible to remove a wheel without either deflating the tyre or releasing the brake cable. The reason for this is that the brake doesn't open far enough to let the 25mm tyre through. It would seem that the rim Specialized use on this bike is designed for a 23mm tyre, but changing to one this size would reduce the comfort of the ride - one of the main reasons I bought it for. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    ST-rider wrote:
    I've just bought a 2010 Secteur Sport, my first new road bike. One problem I've found is that it's not possible to remove a wheel without either deflating the tyre or releasing the brake cable. The reason for this is that the brake doesn't open far enough to let the 25mm tyre through. It would seem that the rim Specialized use on this bike is designed for a 23mm tyre, but changing to one this size would reduce the comfort of the ride - one of the main reasons I bought it for. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

it's not really a problem surely - most 23mm tyres won't come out without using the quick release either.

just thought - what brake calipers does it have on it? - the shimano ones should have a little lever on the cable anchor whcih flips up and widens the calipers but cheap unbranded calipers might not have this?e
  • Whoops! should have made that clearer - there is a quick release on the caliper but it still doesn't provide enough clearance when in the open position.
  • I've not tried to remove the tyre. But TBH I can't see many instances where I would need to remove the tyre without it being deflated.

I can understand this being a bit of a pain if you don't have a track pump to reflate them.
  • it's nice to be able to remove the wheels for cleaning the bike