loansome pine trail Kielder

itsnotaboutthebike
itsnotaboutthebike Posts: 50
edited August 2009 in Routes
Just been up there today, I had heard some poor reviews of this new trail but I thought it was a total blast, Im by no means a black run rider but the forest DH sections were fast and well laid out ....its not as technical as the deadwater but, still had some very nice features, poorly signposted in places and easy to miss turns. But on the whole it was a great ride........anyone else riden it yet.........your thoughts?

Comments

• Yeah, I rode it a few weeks ago, really enjoyed it. Even the long climb up to the "north shore" part! Haven't rode the deadwater trail though so can't compare, I had been to Newcastleton earlier that day to do the red route, so it was a good day out.
  • BurtonM
    BurtonM Posts: 425
    Ive rode both the lonesome pines and the deadwater. The deadwater wins hands down. Lonesome pines was no where near techinical enough, there was one climb i didnt like and thats just because it was long and i was getting sunburnt.
    Deadwater is good because theres lots of downhill to reward you after climbing. I was sick 8 times on that route today but thats because i had no carbs or energy (my fault) but still enjoyed it.
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.