Adventure racing

furby
furby Posts: 200
edited August 2009 in MTB general
Has anyone done any adventure racing?

Am entered with a mate in the Plymouth adventure race this october.

I normally use SPD's when riding XC and with the likly high amount of road work thought it would be a no brainer to use them.

However it does mean having to carry a suitible pair of trainers in my rucksack (additional bulck and weight) plus having to faff around when ever I need to change between them.

What do people suggest?

Any other good adventure races coming up in the next 6 months or so?

Comments

• Zephr
    Zephr Posts: 60
    Heya, do quite a bit of adventure racing, good ones to start on are questars, though there is a kayak stage on these events, which can really frustrate the beginner racer.

This autumn there are 2 dynamics, that is www.dynamicadventureracing.com which are the races I started on, however if you are based a little further north, the open adventure 5 series maybe worth a look at.

It's a great sport, just remember to bike at the speed you can navigate, not vice versa!
    FCN 11. When you hear the buzz of the nobblies, you know youve been scalped.
  • furby
    furby Posts: 200
    cheers for the reply zepher.

Im a kayaker and used to do abit of racing :wink:

Im in plymouth so might try the dynamic races, thanks for the link.

Whats your preferance for the use of SPD's or not? The plymouth Ad race isnt seperate running and biking sections but its all mixed together with different actvities.