Superstar Skewers Bargain Basement!

nfrang
nfrang Posts: 250
edited September 2009 in MTB buying advice
Been thinking about bling skewers since i got a Hope Seatclamp...but these have just gone too cheap to resist!!! Anyone got any? The hollow thing makes sense but a little worried about strength...i'm 12 stone wet through so shouldn't be an issue :P

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_ ... ucts_id=85

Comments

• gaff_taff
    gaff_taff Posts: 346
    Why thank you, just about to bag me some blue ones after buying a blue hope seat clamp yesterday :lol:

Good spot

Taff
  • Im just about to get some red ones cheers for the spot
  • fcumok
    fcumok Posts: 283
    I have the red ones and they're really well made. Tempted to buy another set now :shock:
  • gaff_taff
    Bought mine last night, hopefully they will send them on monday and i will get them tuesday, Cant go wrong with 1st class free delivery.

fcumok: thats good then was expecting them to be like cheese for that price, BUY SOME :twisted:

Taff
  • HandjobDan
    HandjobDan Posts: 704
    Was looking at hope ones, then saw these for a pair, even though I only need the rear, Bargain.
  • Broonster
    Broonster Posts: 440
    Luvley, jubbly!

Thanks for the link. A set of red (for the missus) and a set of gold now on order.

Cheers! :D
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • canada16
    canada16 Posts: 2,360
    gaff_taff wrote:
    Bought mine last night, hopefully they will send them on monday and i will get them tuesday, Cant go wrong with 1st class free delivery.

fcumok: thats good then was expecting them to be like cheese for that price, BUY SOME :twisted:

Taff

Bank holiday dude.

Anyway I have had mine for 6 months no probs and really light and look sweet.

Only changed as bought XT wheels and I prefer the XT QR.

But still have them, and I keep looking at them, saying to myself should I fit them. :?
  • gaff_taff
    Oh balls forgot the bank holiday, hopefully get them before i get back to school
  • fcumok
    fcumok Posts: 283
    I couldn't help myself. the blue ones are on their way. Guess I now need a seat clamp to match :oops:
  • nfrang
    Just got the red one's on order 8) Also gonna try out the kevlar pads on my juicys...but i'll probably go sintered if they don't last.
  • canada16
    canada16 Posts: 2,360
    The hope colours are the same for those wanting matching seat clamps.

Well my blue one is anyway. :wink:
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    no good i'm afriad, plastic collar under the lever will deform over time and brake. You ideally want brass there for a good qr.

But exposed cam qr aren't that great in my experience.
  • Anyone else recieve theres this morning?

I am very happy with mine, nice blue :lol:
  • Got mine today, looks decent quality, better than my current scratched to pieces unknown one.

Went for stealth black 8)
  • Yeah my scratched and rusted promax ones now in bin. luverly :lol:

The hole on the qr handle isnt the most neatest of cuts but i dont car for 10 quid. Just hope they dont break when i take it for a ride :shock:

taff
  • Which hole are you talking about? I just looked at mine and they all seem to be fine, no burrs or anything and look to be the shape intended
  • nfrang
    Yep put mine on and just off to bed in the Kevlar pads. They were a bit more fiddly to fit than the original pads but got em in and i'll see how they go!!!

Skewers back up to £15.99!!! :o
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I've got the carbon ones of those, they've worked perfectly but I've gone back to XT purely for their confidence inspiring feel. Nothing wrong with the Superstar ones though after 6 months use.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Can't wait for mine just the damn potmen are on strike again!
  • Good job we all got in quick then if there back up, probaly the amount of people odering from them.

Um the hole on the handle, is a little sharp but oh well. I am gutted it is absolutely pi88ing it down here so i cant go out and see if i can break them :twisted:

taff
  • i ordered mine but no sign yet :(
    It`s changed a bit since...
    2010 Zesty 314