Stylish helmets? Impossible I say

77ric
77ric Posts: 601
edited August 2009 in MTB general
seems the city of New York wants more cyclists to wear a helmet, fair enough, and to that end they have commisioned the FuseProject to make helmets look good and stylish. Not really sure it works though :?

nychelmet_1-600x430.jpg

nychelmet_3-600x430.jpg

nychelmet_6-600x430.jpg

so whatcha all think?
Fancy a brew?

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    77ric wrote:
    so whatcha all think?
    I'll tell you after I've stopped laughing
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • nfrang
    nfrang Posts: 250
    Giro Xen. Nuff said. Unless ya wanna look like a peck!
  • 77ric
    i mean is it me or do they just look like pisspots with beanies pulled over them?

and i'd hardly say a xen is the height of style.
    Fancy a brew?
  • nfrang
    77ric wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o

Not seen anything that looks as good. If there is i'd be happy to check it out!
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    nfrang, Met Kaos?

456889241_59f5670f79_b.jpg
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • 77ric
    nfrang wrote:
    77ric wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o

Not seen anything that looks as good. If there is i'd be happy to check it out!

your right i don't think there is any helmet that beats the xen on looks, but even on Danny "MegaSkills" MacAskill it looks like somebody glued a ducks bill to his forehead.

i mean the xens only beats most helmets for looks cause most helmets look like shit.
    Fancy a brew?
  • nfrang
    It's a contender and right on the money! I got a Giro Flak bmx style one but dont always wear it cos i look like a Mario style mushroom head with it on!
  • 77ric
    nfrang wrote:
    It's a contender and right on the money! I got a Giro Flak bmx style one but dont always wear it cos i look like a Mario style mushroom head with it on!

thats the thing, if it doesn't look like a ducks bill grafted to your head it's the mario mushroom effect that gets you.
    Fancy a brew?
  • nfrang
    Just got a cheque from credit card company after claiming back payment protection stuff they always add on without you noticing. My £90 is leaning towards the Xen if i'm honest...or more bling...or i dunno but i'll find something that i clearly dont need :lol:
  • I went to see the movie 'The Hurt Locker' last night and I'm sure one of the bomb disposal dudes in the movie was wearing that green helmet.
  • SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    LOL :D

Those 'designer' helmets above look ridiculous. Apart from looking like a muppet why would anyone wear and ride with all of the air vents covered.
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    Haha, I don't think any helmets look cool, it's just something we have to put up with! Especially if your like me and have a particullarly large head!
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • Haha, I don't think any helmets look cool, it's just something we have to put up with! Especially if your like me and have a particullarly large head!

Im the same 62cm!!!

I look like some sort of gimp-mushroom, :lol:
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    wats 62cm?????
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Apart from those "designer" helmets looking daft, would anyone who actually lives in NYC, go around town with NYC emblazoned on their clothing?

it's not like you see Parisians walking around in those naff "PARIS" tops they try and sell to tourists is it? :roll:
  • ashfanman
    ashfanman Posts: 186
    Apart from those "designer" helmets looking daft, would anyone who actually lives in NYC, go around town with NYC emblazoned on their clothing?

it's not like you see Parisians walking around in those naff "PARIS" tops they try and sell to tourists is it? :roll:

Then again, you do see Americans wearing things emblazoned with the good ol' Stars and Stripes. They're so patriotic you wouldn't put it past them.

But ultimately, those helmets look ridiculous. Never has the word 'helmet' been more appropriate, because the wearer would have to be one.

Why don't the good people of the City of New York understand that helmets aren't supposed to be cool? Are seatbelts cool?
  • What.

The.

Fu*k.
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    XxxBFGxxX wrote:
    wats 62cm?????

circumference of the head, and what they measure helmets in- mines 63, only just fitted into the largest helmet in the shop!
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX wrote:
    wats 62cm?????

circumference of the head, and what they measure helmets in- mines 63, only just fitted into the largest helmet in the shop!

sorry mate i have to confess i new wat t ment i was just trying to catch some one out wth the answer of its the size of me helmet. but it didnt work. lmfao i will get my coat now.
  • XxxBFGxxX
    Taxi for BFG?? :?

yes it was a very bad atempt at a joke. but hey i was giggling like fook when i did it lol
  • 77ric
    XxxBFGxxX wrote:
    yes it was a very bad atempt at a joke.

so are those helmets surely.

Joe_Pineapples

yeah the green one does resemble one of those merkin soldiers helmets often seen in Vietnam war movies.
    Fancy a brew?
  • I think I might get one of these for Fort Bill next weekend.

downhill_skateboard_white.jpg
  • 77ric
    I think I might get one of these for Fort Bill next weekend.

downhill_skateboard_white.jpg

get a purple one.

cause if your gonna look like a knob you might as well look like a proper knob :wink:

c'mon some one had to say it
    Fancy a brew?
  • ashfanman
    ashfanman Posts: 186

If you're doing Fort Bill, you might want something a bit sturdier.

DESCOSN332FRNT020.JPG
  • 77ric
    ashfanman wrote:

If you're doing Fort Bill, you might want something a bit sturdier.

DESCOSN332FRNT020.JPG

sturdy aye, but perhaps a little heavy and not particularly well vented still it's got a built in leatt brace
    Fancy a brew?