Caad9 vs cube agree

Fuoco
Fuoco Posts: 17
edited September 2009 in Road buying advice
Hi everybody!

Are there real differents from this frame?

At the same price i can get the caad9/105/RS10 or the agree/ultegra SL/easton vista... Help me to choosing
exercise.png

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    The CAAD9 frame is better than the majority of the cheap carbon frames, and for that reason I'd go for the CAAD9. OTher bits can be upgraded over time.

The cube is more than likely a good bike too, which a good looking gruppo. 105 is functionally as good as Ultegra SL though, but is just slightly heavier.

Probably the best choice is the one you like the look of the most - we'll all have our own preferences.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Fuoco
    The CAAD9 frame is better than the majority of the cheap carbon frames, and for that reason I'd go for the CAAD9. OTher bits can be upgraded over time.

The cube is more than likely a good bike too, which a good looking gruppo. 105 is functionally as good as Ultegra SL though, but is just slightly heavier.

Probably the best choice is the one you like the look of the most - we'll all have our own preferences.

Tnx beer.gif
    exercise.png
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Another one for the CAAD9...

That said, I'm sure the cube is fine and my opinion counts for nowt as I haven't ridden one!
  • Fuoco
    A lot of ppl have cube's mtb but few have cube road bike!
    exercise.png
  • Anonymous
    I know.
  • Fuoco
    Tnx to all who had submit a vote :D
    exercise.png
  • Fuoco
    Fifty-fifty, i have a problem :)
    exercise.png
  • Anonymous
    I forgot to vote...
  • MrHulot
    MrHulot Posts: 173
    I'm pleased with my Agree GTC, nice ride, well put together and nice finishing kit. Can't make a meaningful comparison with the Caad9 although, but the Cube does look smart.
  • FOAD
    FOAD Posts: 318
    I have the Cube Agree in aluminium, in the anodized black and it does look the mutts.

Can't say how it compares to the CAAD9, but the kit on it is excellent at that price even down to the Fizik saddle which is gorgeous (for me at least).

I had my wheels swapped from the Eastons to Fulcrum 5 Evo's though as I am a fat BS and the LBS reckoned the Fulcrums were a tad stronger.

Love the bike.
  • I'm also looking at a Cube Agree Easton - thought it was an aluminium frame, only the GTC - range is carbon. Can also get a Litening Super HPC for the same price.

Given the 2009 close out deals, Trek Madone is also in the running - any thoughts/experiences..
  • Fuoco
    At the end I had take Caad9 ultegra...
    exercise.png
  • FOAD
    FOAD Posts: 318
    I have the Agree and obviously we discussed this via PM, but I don't think you will be disappointed with the CAAD9.

Beautiful looking and well spec'd bike mate, well done.