Litespeed Ocoee - what's it like and can it take a 120 fork?

bol
bol Posts: 138
edited September 2009 in XC and Enduro
I've just bought a custom xl Ocoee frame on the spur of the moment as the price was too good to refuse and it's theoretically my perfect (huge) size. I know they're pretty good, and pretty racey, and being ti, light and springy, but I can't find any real reviews. Has anyone got one and if so, can you describe the ride to me? For instance, I know it will go up hill alright, but what is it like on the downs for someone who doesn't have balls of steel? I'd also like to put my 120 fork on it rather than the 100 specified. Will this knacker the handling or make the frame vulnerable to cracking? I'm big a d fairly heavy, but don't ride a lot of jumps for instance.

Your help would be much appreciated. It won't arrive for a week or two, and I've got an endurance race coming up soon after, so won't have much time to decide how or whether to build it up beforehand.

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    I'd stick with 100mm, as it is what is recommended (Race proven geometry. 80 - 100mm fork compatibility.)

anything over the 100mm will void the warranty, will make the handling slacker & could knacker the frame.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • bol
    Thanks Andy. I think I'll do as you suggest and go for 100mm. Has anyone got any experience of the Ocoee that they can share?
  • hay my frind has this bike, id defo go with the 100mm forks as its a well pridy fram to replace lol he has his built upwith a fox f100rlc full xtr and tomsen eastion finishing get wighes in at around 23 ounds so is nice and light tooo have onlyrid it my self a few times and the frame is so so so confey and the bike is proper two or three gears harder on the climes perfect for racing your mates hope this helps ill ask him what he thinks if you like maby post a pic to if you wont it
  • bol
    Cheers Ben. Sounds like the f100 is the way to go. I'm going to be transfering most of my stuff over from my fsr so the xtr is going to have to wait. Still should end up around 24lbs though with a bit of luck.