What tyres

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited August 2009 in Road buying advice
I don't personally rate the Contis in the wet and a friend doesn't rate the Michelins.

I do however highly rate the Continental Force/Attacks and Vittoria Open Pave in all conditions.

If you do go for the GP4000 make sure you get the 'S' variant with the black chilli compound...

Saddles are a very personal thing so difficult to recommend one. I personally don't get on with the Arione, I use Fizik Aliantes but that means nothing to you!

Alex

Comments

• nmcgann
    nmcgann Posts: 1,780
    There are loads of answers to both those questions!

I race (TT) on Pro Race 3's which I find fast and grippy, but train on Krylions which are long-lasting and tough.

I use Fizik Ariones on my road bikes as I find them comfortable, but saddles are very individual. I've tried all sorts before I settled on the Arione - some were immediately uncomfortable, others were fine up to 50 miles or so and then became uncomfortable. It's very hard to predict what you will get on with.

Neil
    --
    "Because the cycling is pain. The cycling is soul crushing pain."
  • Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    Pro 3's do grip very well in both wet and dry.
    They do cut up but then so do most others, but they do have good puncture resistance
    Wear is on the high side, I'd guess I did 1500 miles on my rear before the carcass started showing.
  • Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    Schwalbe Ultremo's

Superb clincher.
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    I've run both the Ultremos and the PR3s and they are both good, and very similar.

Depends if you're racing or just riding. The Krylions are a good bet for the latter.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • System_1
    System_1 Posts: 513
    I like Vredestein Fortezza Tricomp. Been using them for years. The new ones are even better. Lighter and a bit more puncture protection. Did try the Conti's but went back to the Vredesteins, just prefer the ride. They seem to pick up less cuts than the Conti's too. They're a good middle ground between a racing tyre like the Ultremo and a training tyre like a Krylion carbon.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Good man, you won't be disappointed!