Shooting Stars

boogercj
boogercj Posts: 316
edited September 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Anyone catch it on Weds? I thought it was class; almost better than I remember it being the first time round.

"Jeremy Kyle is King of the Gypsies, true or false?" PMSL! :lol:

That Angelos dude was hilarious, and I think he's goign to be a regular panelist :)

Comments

• bobs bikes
    bobs bikes Posts: 589
    pure comedy class!
    take off big brother and just have vic and bob on 24/7!

.... have you ever met anyone famous?.... yeah, that bloke who lives round the corner and always wears yellow socks... he is famous near me! :lol::lol::lol:

genius!
  • its on tonight at 10:30, BBC 2, don't miss it
  • Ah, nice reminder! It's 10pm BTW! ;)
  • Jeremy Irons - true or false?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    flamedude wrote:
    Jeremy Irons - true or false?

Genius!
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    flamedude wrote:
    Jeremy Irons - true or false?

PMSL...

cant believe i missed it!

Does Vic still say "Oovavoo" and "Eeranoo"?
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • I hope so. It won't be shooting stars without randomness like this. And;

Macaulay Culkin is a child, but can you name an adult?

Who would win in a fight between a Steel Octo-Bear and some sort of strange man fungus?

A dog has three puppies, but what was the name of the mother?

Eddie Izzard - True or false?
  • nerak
    nerak Posts: 87
    I used to watch this years ago and it was on the other night. It took me ages to realise it was a new series! lol

"Oovavoo" and "Eeranoo" did appear, but not to the extent I remember it doing. This may sound weird but if you hear the note of some platform displays doing their chime thing at rail stations I've always laughed as I somehow hear "Oovavoo"...

I tried to explain the whole thing to my other half but I totally lost him. He thought it was weird as.

I must admit I didn't find it as good as in the older ones... or is that because I wasn't a p*ssed student watching it.
    Mine's a pint...

... oh this bits for the bike. Mine's a Giant Talon W3 (and a GT Avalanche for sale)
  • Just been catching up on these on iplayer and I'm glad to see it's still bloody funny! Angelos is genius!

The second episode where they make that bloke from Masterchef dip his nuts in puddings :lol:
  • True or false?: Bill Cosby was the world's first ever black man.

False, it was Sidney Poitier.
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    What's that 50s throwback Mark Lamarr doing these days?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I miss Lamarr on Buzzcocks.
  • I like the prizes..... A cassette of reggae.

Not quite as mad as the old style prizes though. The Fartridge still kills me.
  • Did they give the Fartridge to Larry "Most Bemused Guest Ever" Hagman?
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • Ha they did. Poor Larry, he looked so confused and scared. I actually want to reach in to the tv and hug him and tell him everything will be ok.

But he did get a Fartridge, part fart and part partridge.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Jack Dee: a face like a fire damaged doily
    Ulrika-ka-ka pet burns

:lol: quality
  • Luuuuvin you....is easy 'cos your boobs are new!!
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    I'm a big Reeves and Mortimer fan - they first appeared on telly just as I stopped being a student - Big Night Out.

I always thought that it was stuff that probably would stop being funny at some point but it never has. Just been watching Bang! Bang! - their late 90s series - funniest thing I've seen for ages...I'm considering getting everything they've ever done on DVD now.

That said - though Shooting Stars is funny - it was always the least good thing they did - and it does seem a little tired now....but I still try not to miss it...which must make it one of my top three programmes of the moment.
  • Did anyone see the one with that nice lass Christine blakeley from the one show?
    Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU34PKzV3c8
    "If i was a slug i don't think i could handle it, i'd just throw myself in the salt pot" -Karl pilkington

Whyte 46, i fall off it alot!!