Dalby Red Routes

Lazy Imp
Lazy Imp Posts: 22
edited September 2009 in Routes
Well what a dissapointment Dalby is. Over graded, over hyped and bloody boring! 34kms of uninspiring, discombobulated trails that should be graded Blue.
The only interesting bits are few and far between and the only saviour to the day was the short black sections (that should be red) that gave slight interest. Compared to Gisburn, Whinlatter, Grizedale, Coedy bren etc etc etc it is a real let down.
Yes I had a good workout but as far as Biking goes it was a waste of time and seriously lacking in imagination and effort from the trail makers.
Bulldozer it down and strat again with a new designer and some real flowing technical trails linked by thought out climbs and not the crap at present Grrrrr
Ride it like you nicked it

Comments

• sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Glad someone else thinks its crap,most seem to rave about it....can't see why.
  • p.fitz
    p.fitz Posts: 66
    solution....dont go again...;)
    Who put that hill there..!!!!!!!!..
  • sniper68
    p.fitz wrote:
    solution....dont go again...;)
    We haven't and probably won't.I can get to Dalby in not much over 1hr 20mins...i'd sooner double the travel time and go to Wales if i'm in a trail centre mood 8)
  • LoUiS1985
    LoUiS1985 Posts: 841
    Compared to Gisburn, Whinlatter, Grizedale, Coedy bren etc etc etc it is a real let down.

Coed-y-Brenin is gash (Dragons back/Beast routes), you spend about 3 hours climbiing for 10 minutes descent. Compare to that Dalby is a great ride, 23 miles of high end trails and improving all the time
  • discombobathingymajig..wtf!!! worst review of a trail i have ever read
  • not sure which route you did but the dalby red/black routes are fantastic and much better than grizedale, similar to whinlatter and probably slightly better than coed y brenin! fantastic climbs that you hardly notice you're doing because they're fun and twisty and some fantastic descents.
  • sniper68
    not sure which route you did but the dalby red/black routes are fantastic and much better than grizedale, similar to whinlatter and probably slightly better than coed y brenin! fantastic climbs that you hardly notice you're doing because they're fun and twisty and some fantastic descents.
    The Dalby red/black we did was nothing like Whinlatter or CYB.Its not anywhere near the same same league.23 miles that feel like 23000,Dull as ditchwater descents the average child could do with stabilizers on.Waste of time and £7.I'd sooner spend more on diesel and an extra hour travelling and do Whinlatter/N wales if i'm in the mood for a trail centre.
  • Which 23 miles did you do? It should be mote than that if you do the whole thing. I reckon that the last 4 miles of the red back to the visitor centre are some of the best I've done. Not massively technical but extremely flowing and fast!
  • Lazy Imp, I can kind of understand that you think dalby is a bit on the easy side of the red, but it is definately not blue, there some techy sections. But then you compared it to Grizedale....which really is a blue!! Dalby is imo a great trail that if you're fit and can thrash it, is amazing fun, if not a huge technical challenge.
  • clint29
    clint29 Posts: 224
    Last section down to the visitor centre is spot on but i'd prefer to be out in the peak district. You can't beat natural riding. :wink:
  • i agree you can get arrested in a public place.... :lol:....
    Who put that hill there..!!!!!!!!..