Excessive clicking

Whytepeak
Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
edited August 2009 in The Crudcatcher
There are numerous clicking noises made by the PC - through the speakers, - only I am not clicking anything :?

Is this just my pc being slow, or could it be a virus that is clicking on lots of things without me knowing :shock:
Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1

Comments

• Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    There's a ghost in your computer obviously. :lol:
  • Whytepeak
    :lol:

Think he has gone to sleep now - clicking has stopped :roll:
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    pop ups opening, or being blocked in the background?

Could also be the graphics card drawing stuff, or hard disk access. I've seen several laptops with "questionable" earthing internally, that played clicking sounds out of the speakers when such things occured.
  • Whytepeak
    It is a laptop, and it may well have been pop up action :roll:

Thanks yeehaamcgee :)
  • Theres some spyware that's going around called funnily enough 'clicker' I had it (quelle surprise) it drove me MAD!!!!
  • Anonymous
    Cheesey, Spyware is software that gathers personal information, hence "spy" - without your knowledge or consent.
    Spyware that would constantly click would be like a special agent with Tourettes :lol:
    Although, some are admittedly quite brazen.

I think you migh tbe confusing it with 'malware' - just nasty software.
  • Cheesey, Spyware is software that gathers personal information, hence "spy" - without your knowledge or consent.
    Spyware that would constantly click would be like a special agent with Tourettes :lol:
    Although, some are admittedly quite brazen.

I think you migh tbe confusing it with 'malware' - just nasty software.

Yep, that's what I mean lol....

:oops:
  • Anonymous
    I had to use the phrase "special agent with tourettes" somewhere! :lol:
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    mine is also making far to many clicks maybe its laptop flu?

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • mingmong
    mingmong Posts: 542
    Do you perform a daily record of your mileage on your PC? It might be counting the 'clicks' for you?!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Not got AOL have you? They have a habit of running adverts that click everytime they refresh or change.
  • Whytepeak
    Non BT poir moi.