MTB with your DOG

canix
canix Posts: 3
edited September 2009 in XC and Enduro
Bikejor is a new event to hit the UK. CaniX UK have been running events with dogs for the past 5 years and this season are including Bikejor in the Championship. September events:

5+6 September at Exeter Racecourse in Devon (entries close: Mon 31 Aug)
26+27 September at Pembrey Forest in South Wales (entries close: Mon 21 Sep)

Enter online at www.canix.co.uk

CaniX UK are hoping to bring the European Championships to the UK in 2012 so need some top UK mountain bikers (and their dogs) to represent the UK at Bikejor.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Wow, someone's actually turned dog walking into a sport?
  • canix
    canix Posts: 3
    In our events on the running side we have a GB shirt, Welsh record holder and some of the top masters runners in the country, and lots of other runners giving these guys a run for their money. Some of these guys will do a 5km course in under 20mins (best in Europe will would get close to 15mins). We cater for all abilities from 7yr olds (17yr for the Bikejor) to a very competitive Super Veterans Class (60+) and have several runners over 70yr of age. 18 age classes altogether with the chance to win a years supply of dog food in the UK National Championship for each adult age class.

Top Bikejorers in Europe would complete the 5km cross-country course that the runners do in well under 10mins. CaniX and Bikejor have been around in Europe for well over ten years so we have some catching up to do over here. This years European Championship in Hungary is the 12th. We are taking a team of 16 CaniX runners but no Bikejorers. So with Bikejor featuring in this year's CaniX season (and the 1st UK Bikejor Championship) we hope to have some Bikejor entries for the 13th European Championships in 2010 and 2011 and some serious contenders for 2012 when we hope to host the European Championships in the UK.

Richard Cook
  • I reckon MTB with a dog would be fun as! I know there's some people at my club who do it + their dogs keep up and both party's seem to have a pretty good time!

I would do it but we don't have a dog anymore :( He was really old :( and we haven't got a new one since...never the less, that would be fun (but I'm in Australia ;))
    92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig

Walk (Ride) softly and carry a big fish

Yay, 100 hundred posts :-)
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    canix wrote:
    MTB with your DOG
    *groan*
  • .blitz wrote:
    *groan*

What's wrong with that? sounds like a good idea when you can't get anyone to come with you, and dogs always like walks.
    92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig

Walk (Ride) softly and carry a big fish

Yay, 100 hundred posts :-)
  • I always take the dog with me, gives you something to chase uphill. I never win, well not til the trail points downhill, then I give him something to chase.

Ever seen the John Kircaldie section of Earthed 4?
    I had to beat them to death with their own shoes...
    HiFi Pro Carbon '09

LTS DH '96

The Mighty Dyna-Sore - The 90's?