Dad's new Auto :D

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited August 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Ohhhhhh yeaaaaa :D

Only 4 seats... but daaaayyyyymmm is it comfortable. THE most comfortable thing i've travelled in anyways :D

DSCF2401.jpg
DSCF2400.jpg

Its basically a "present" as he retires this december after xx years working at BAe in Warton.
Its also because he needed something to cheer him up as he recently started his treatment for cancer :( (luckily after the treatment he should be fine and cancer free.... its just the treatment isn't very nice to the body :()
The personal reg is from me and other bro's and sister :)
Either way, he's the happiest i've ever seen him... he's wanted a merc ever since I can remember :lol:

I'm not jealous at all :evil:

Comments

• gaff_taff
    gaff_taff Posts: 346
    Nice wheels there, what does the reg stand for?

Taff
  • gaff_taff wrote:
    Nice wheels there, what does the reg stand for?

Taff

Tis part of surname then his initials :)
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    The important part - what engine?!
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Nice car - didn't know merc made them like that :)
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • BurtonM
    BurtonM Posts: 425
    sorry to hear about the cancer mate.
    Damn BAE reward there employees well. I suppose your not allowed to drive it are you benj?
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    i like how they made them look like a coupe

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • Surf-Matt wrote:

CLS 350 CGI 3.5l direct-injected V6. Its smoooooooooooth :D
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    edited August 2009
    Actually, judging by the wheels, I reckon it's a 350 petrol or a 320CDI (diesel).

If I'm right, then I truly am king saddo.

Sorry to hear about the cancer too - that's terrible.

Ben - I posted while you were posting - and looks like I WAS CORRECT! What a saddo I am!!!

Nice engine - they are indeed silky smooth - and pokey. 290ish bhp and around 300lbs/ft.
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Surf-Matt wrote:

CLS 350 CGI 3.5l direct-injected V6. Its smoooooooooooth :D

Thats obscne :lol:

Hope your dad gets well, then he could do the Nurburgring :lol:
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • BurtonM wrote:
    sorry to hear about the cancer mate.
    Damn BAE reward there employees well. I suppose your not allowed to drive it are you benj?
    no worries.... he's known about it for 5-6 years, and now decided its time to treat, so its been monitered for ages :)

not a reward... he's just saved for ages :lol: but, apparently, its the only CLS at BAe :D they're pretty rare, this one came from Scotland and was the only one available at the time!!

and yeah, I had a drive :D
  • BurtonM
    BurtonM Posts: 425
    dammmmn. I wish when i passed my test there was a CLS waiting for me on the drive. I get a C2 though, so thats the first letter sorted :)
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.
  • hehe. I guarantee i'll never drive it again though!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Sorry to hear about the cancer, mate. Hopefully he'll be fine.
    My mother is recovering from chemo and radiotherapy for breast cancer, the tratment can be a bitch, in her case it was worse than the cancer, as the only symptoms she had was a lump.

Best wishes. Seriously.
  • Sorry to hear about the cancer, mate. Hopefully he'll be fine.
    My mother is recovering from chemo and radiotherapy for breast cancer, the tratment can be a *****, in her case it was worse than the cancer, as the only symptoms she had was a lump.

Best wishes. Seriously.

Literally the same.. Dad has had not symptoms from the cancer itself, but he's now on radioactive injections or something.... they give him sweats, dizzy spells and sick feelings.
    He has one a week atm, but in late september he starts on 1 a day for 2 months so thats gonna be tough.... he's a big old bloke though so i'm sure he'll pul through fine :)

Thanks to everyone for their concern... its very daunting hearing the words "i've got cancer" for the 1st time :(
  • jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    Lost my Grandad to cancer last November :cry: , The Doctor gave him 6 months but he managed to fight it to 14 months so i managed to spend alot more time with him.
    Hope your Dad's doing well and everything works out fine.
    My mate's mam has a CLS320 Cdi, Same but different wheels and its silver.
    I do like the rear seats with the wood style divider/arm rest, Very Niceee 8)
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    one nice car your dad has there. again, sorry to hear about your dad hopefully he'll be fine in the end
  • 77ric
    77ric Posts: 601
    bigbenj you do know that your dad will never let you within about 100 feet of his new baby while your on your bike, definitely no chance of using it to get to the forum ride.

rooting for your old man, your right in saying cancer is a bitch but the treatment is often worse. an old friend had bone cancer and had near 2 years of treatment, at the end of it he looked 20 years older, harsh he pulled through though so there is always hope.

personally i think the right attitude and look out on life helps get through with the treatment.
    remember livestrong, for you and your old fella.
    Fancy a brew?