A bloody disgrace,some friend this guy.

ademort
ademort Posts: 1,924
edited August 2009 in The bottom bracket
Read this story on the front page of Bikeradar.com, am astounded that a so called friend could do this and then plead NOT GUILTY.
http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/c ... -run-22940
Ademort
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Look, that's Aussie's for you. A few shandies, and a wee drive home. No worries.
    For gawds sake, maybe the blighter on the bike crashed into him!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    What's a supposed 4 time MTB champion doing dabbling with alcohol anyway and then deciding to drive once he's had a skinful and then the worst bit not stopping leaving the guy for dead?!

From my time in Oz alcohol binging is even more endemic than here in the UK. You only have to go down to Earls Court to see this. I hope he gets a lon....g sentence on 7th september.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    Why does the Judge throw out the other serious charge?

He is already guilty by drink driving and he actions I.E not stopping just compound his guilt.

Surely it is about time the UK follows other EU countries and imposes and ZERO limit to drink driving :!:
  • This bloke was three times over the limit, a zero limit wouldn't have made any difference.

I remember seeing an article on BBC about a new report produced when the government wanted to reduce the limit to 0. It said something to the effect that reducing the limit would have no effect other than to end up with more people convicted.

As an aside, I went to Oz a few years ago, and was startled at how many people got tanked up, then drove home.
  • You can't have a zero limit. Everyone has a detectable amount of alcohol in their blood, even if they've never had a drink. Fruit juices have low levels too.

That said, the UK limit is quite high at 80mg/100ml. Many other countries have limits of 50mg. IIRC, the limit for flying a commercial plane is 20mg.