Poor old Andy Murray...

disgruntledgoat
disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
edited August 2009 in Pro race
Bleating again... Telegraph as him bemoaning the indignity of being woken up in his hotel room drug testers.

What he needs is an enterprising lackey to invite them for a coffee or somesuch.
"In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Bleating again... Telegraph as him bemoaning the indignity of being woken up in his hotel room drug testers.

What he needs is an enterprising lackey to invite them for a coffee or somesuch.

While the testing is part of the price you pay for being a pro, it's not illegal to moan about it. I moan about a lot of things. Doesn't do much good except make ME feel a bit better.
  • LittleB0b
    LittleB0b Posts: 416
    edited August 2009
    Andy Murry wrote:
    First day off in a while so u can imagine I was very pleased to get woken up by drug testers at 7 15 in my hotel room! via twitter.

blimey - I moan about being woken up all the time.
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    does he ride bikes now?
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138

At last.
    Is that the first moan from another sport.
    makes nice reading.

I certainly think the Vampires are brain dead when they wake a racing cyclist in the early hours after he has just climbed a bloody great mountain the day before and been at High Altitude for 10 hours or so. (Pantani among others)
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    dennisn wrote:

While the testing is part of the price you pay for being a pro, it's not illegal to moan about it. I moan about a lot of things. Doesn't do much good except make ME feel a bit better.

Assuming this is part of the WADA whereabouts rule, he could just pick a more suitable time and place...
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    How much does he get paid for batting a ball about at Wimbledon ?

Grow-up Andy M, it's part of the contract you enter into with your sport.

You are expected to be drug-free, you must prove that you are drug free, this might involve the relatively minor inconvenience of being woken-up in the middle of the night once or twice a year.

If you don't like it, stop playing tennis, get an average job on average salary and no-one will be bothering you again.

I expect your earnings are more than most people will get as an on-call or shift-work allowance for their unsocial hours...
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    He's moaned before and as I've said before, plenty of people have to punch in at the factory or swipe their card to get into an office. Workplace drug testing is increasingly common. If it's too much for poor Andy to get out of bed at 7.45 to help keep his sport cleaner, then perhaps he can go into a factory or office like millions do each day?

Still, it doesn't sound like he's making it sound like a monumental effort, just an unwelcome interruption to his sleep.
  • bikerZA
    bikerZA Posts: 314
    He's always complaining about something.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    He wants to have an 8 month old baby then he'll know what been woken up at ungodly hours is really like.
  • stfc1
    stfc1 Posts: 505
    Jesus, people, it was a throwaway comment.