Hope XC Race Series 2 starts 6th Sept

Brownbacks
Brownbacks Posts: 29
edited October 2009 in XC and Enduro
Second series of grass roots XC racng at Lee Quarry Rossendale

6th, 27th Sept and 18th October

Sponsored by Hope, Leisure Lakes, Blazing Saddes, Minx Girl and Great Rock to name a few. Serious prizes for fun racing.

online and postal entry still open for race 1 and the series (get the discount!!)

racing for ages 15+

entries accepted on the day

www.brownbacksracing.co.uk

Comments

• )Looking forward to my first ever mtb race!

Did'nt see any reference to parking, is it well sign-posted? and will I be ok in my motorhome? (parking not racing :lol:)
  • its my first race too see you there im entering the have a go hero class :lol:

i have been a marshall there and there is loads of parking
    if i had my time again would i take the time to make the right choices

naa thats no fun
  • Cheers, I'm also a budding hero, I'll be riding a rattling creaking heavy old Scott, and sporting some rather fetching lycras and a sexy silver top :oops:
  • i will be on a gt i drive that noah said was too old for him
    i have just entered online and payed so no backing out now :wink:

naa thats no fun
  • SiLanc
    SiLanc Posts: 180
    I rode round one of series one earlier this year...

http://xcenduro.co.uk/racing/races/2009/bb_r1_2009.asp

It should be another cracking series. See you there.
    Lap by lap analysis, videos, photos, race reports and a map of race locations www.xcenduro.co.uk
  • Lot of rain forecast this week :cry:
    Does the course get very muddy? Would hate to have my clogged up old bike slow me down :wink:
  • SiLanc
    SiLanc Posts: 180
    It's pretty rocky and quick draining, like the Lake District. Expect to get a good splashing in the damper bits, but don't expect a mud bath...you won't be pushing your bike through the Somme :)
    Lap by lap analysis, videos, photos, race reports and a map of race locations www.xcenduro.co.uk
  • Oh good I like a good splashing :D
  • we also have prizes for the "muddiest rider" sponsored by Mr Crud himself

course will hold up and we are not running the more natural section that will be muddy, I can't think of a section that will cause a bike to clog up on the 6th

if anyone can help marshalling it would be appreciated
    get in touch on

info@brownbacksracing.co.uk
  • Race 1
    what was good, what was not so good?

hope you all enjoyed the race

if you have any idea's or feedback let us know...

info@brownbacksracing.co.uk

race 2 27th September, race 3 18th October

It was great to see so many new faces and women giving racing a try, also good to see so many women who could out-ride the blokes on the more technical sections. Even the "Lads" had a good time, shame there were no "Lasses"
  • Mainly good from my point of view! My first race so not an expert opinion but well impressed with organisation and marshalling, I got amazing encouragement from some of the marshalls which really helped! Not so good -- that tricky steep rough descent back to the quarry on the havago route - but only coz I was crap on it :lol:

All in all I found it a very friendly event with everyone giving way/asking for room in great spirit.
    First race - but not my last
    Steve.
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Next race coming up soon :D

Anyone else racing?
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • i was thinking about trying it again depends on weather :wink:

naa thats no fun
  • Whytepeak
    im first to die

:lol:

Just do it!, for want of something more original to say :roll:
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Whytepeak
    Great race brownbacks, thanks for the prizes, see you all next year.