Does anyone collect/trade recorded pro races and tour DVDs?

Joe86
Joe86 Posts: 180
edited August 2009 in Pro race
Hey. I have recently started downloading a lot of cycling stuff, but I have been trying to get hold of DVDs of some of the previous TDF, Giro, and Vuelta, and also races recorded from TV. I have already purchased a few World Cycling Productions DVDs of older tours and also one day classics, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any sites where I might be able to buy some, or maybe a forum where users trade their collection?

Thanks a lot :)

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Joe86
    Thanks man, lots of interesting DVDs there. It does seem like the cycling DVDs are really expensive, even for single DVDs and documentaries they often reach £20. I guess the popularity must be really low which is a shame!
  • Vuelta95
    Vuelta95 Posts: 31
    After a recent house move I have finally started to convert my VHS onto DVD. I must have circa 800 hours of racing, mainly from 1996-2001. I had forgotten that I had half of this, and have spent today watching the 99 Tour of Romandie and 98 A Travers Lausanne. Another day off tomorrow, so 98 Tour of Switzerland beckons.
    You might have had a response from a pro cyclist on Twitter, you may even have chatted to a 'journo', but ultimately, you still know nothing. You're not an insider, no matter how much you wish you are.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Joe86 wrote:
    Thanks man, lots of interesting DVDs there. It does seem like the cycling DVDs are really expensive, even for single DVDs and documentaries they often reach £20. I guess the popularity must be really low which is a shame!

The prices would indicate that the popularity is high, not low.
  • if you have a vhs player i got some super tapes from the cycling weekley shop for £1.99 each! including a double vid of the tour where pantani wins on the vontoux.... but they have lots of cracking old stuff too...
  • Joe86
    Heh, yeah I saw some of those the other day. Really great selection of stuff, indeed. I wish I still had my old VHS player now, as £1.99 is a real bargain too, and quite a few of those aren't even avaliable on DVD.
  • try prendas too they have a few. Id thoroughly recommend road to roubaix, excellent documentary, quite emotional too :)
  • bikerZA
    bikerZA Posts: 314
    I've got all the highlights of the Tour 1997-2003 on VHS somewhere. Man that was a hassle taping them all!