Do you hate each other?

finchy
finchy Posts: 6,686
edited August 2009 in Pro race
As so many threads on this forum end up in arguments and name-calling, I just want to know whether you all hate the people that you're arguing with, or is it just a big laugh?

Comments

• Without wanting to come over all Dennis, I've never met them. I can't say for sure if people are really that trenchant in their views or if they're just rude because they know there's no comeuppance for being agressive, obdurate etc on a forum.

On the other hand, I do generally try to remain lighthearted and civil at all times and not say anything to anybody I wouldn't say to their face. Also, I hate when people namecall and patronise on forums, or just can't understand when the whole world doesn't agree with them. I'm happy to agree to disagree with people.

The only thing on here that's caused me to snap recently was someone making out that more posts = more knowledge. That's keyboard warrior drivel of the highest order.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    I want to rip their throats.......

Of course, I only feel that way around the full moon.

I think I did take a lot of it seriously when I first joined. You get exposed to what other people think and sometimes your first reaction is "holy sh*t, what kind of nut jobs are these people?". In truth the posts that make me really want to scream are the ones
    asking "what is the strongest, lightest, fastest, cheapest, coolest, best, wheel out there?".
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    Without wanting to come over all Dennis, .

:shock: :shock: :shock: Wrong forum i think
  • dennisn
    markwalker wrote:
    Without wanting to come over all Dennis, .

:shock: :shock: :shock: Wrong forum i think

I noticed that too, but it is an open forum and everyone can voice their opinion. If voice is the right word.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    There are a number of poeple on here I wouldn't want to meet in real life, but on no occasion has that impression been formed by their views on procycling.

Conversely, there are a few I'd quite like to have a beer with.

Not to come over all gooey. :lol:

Strava is not Zen.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    calvjones wrote:
    There are a number of poeple on here I wouldn't want to meet in real life, but on no occasion has that impression been formed by their views on procycling.

Cue markwalker in 1... 2... 3...
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    calvjones wrote:

Stella please.
  • dennisn
    markwalker wrote:
    calvjones wrote:

Stella please.

+1 for Stella. I'll even buy.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    So who wants to rip out somebody else's throat?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    johnfinch wrote:
    So who wants to rip out somebody else's throat?

The two drinking Stella, probably. It's not know as wife-beater for nothing.
    Twitter: @RichN95