Vino at Vuelta

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited August 2009 in Pro race
You heard it from me first.

For Astana
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• iainf72
    His team will be

Assan Bazayev
    Maxim Iglinskiy
    Jesús Hernández
    Chris Horner
    Daniel Navarro
    José Luis Rubiera
    Michael Schär
    Haimar Zubeldia
  • doddy178
    doddy178 Posts: 66
    Yeah he was listed as first reserve, Kloden pulled out due to his injury (Suprise!), Vino gets straight in.
  • iainf72
    Klodi was out before his injury so I would suggest this is more political than anything.
  • Vino
    Vino Posts: 184
    Yes is true I have preepared very much and am looking forward to regaining glory. the legs are shaved and oiled so calves can cause much fear.

I will be writing blog on bike radar daily and will include details of stage and also celbration with brown eyed p[odium beauty afterwards. Thees is not for people to mock is for fans

Ave

Fear The Calves
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    So much effort to get a dodgy 34 year old rider into the Vuelta.

Thanks to improved doping controls, I doubt we'll see him relive the days when he and Kasheckin dominated the race.2_kashechkin_leads_vinokour.jpg

As well as breaking away on the mountain stages, I remember something about them driving off in the team bus away from a surprise late morning visit from the UCI "vampires"?
  • Vino
    Kléber wrote:
    So much effort to get a dodgy 34 year old rider into the Vuelta.

Thanks to improved doping controls, I doubt we'll see him relive the days when he and Kasheckin dominated the race.2_kashechkin_leads_vinokour.jpg

As well as breaking away on the mountain stages, I remember something about them driving off in the team bus away from a surprise late morning visit from the UCI "vampires"?

Kleber my dear comrade come close theeese days are gonn. We have first clean tdf ever; I have been guilty of doping like all others just unfortunate to be catchede, it happens. I serve ban and now return to clean peleoton and show calves without drugs still beat everyone now is now cheating.

also i look sexy in that picture

Ave Calves
  • I'm shocked......
    ....that it's taken so long. I seem to recall telling everyone he'd be back in time for LBL, but Astana got sidetracked and went via Texas.
    Anyone can get a passport, these days. Just another of the "old codger" brigade trying to recapture his long lost youth.

At least, he isn't boring.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Just another of the "old codger" brigade trying to recapture his long lost youth.

So, you're planning on quiting when you're 34 or so? What do you guys have against someone wanting to race? Contrary to popular belief, us "old codgers" actually still like to have fun. I'm 60, still ride some big miles, still like to snow ski, lift weights in the winter,
    play the violin, take dance lessons. If you'll take a little advice. Don't quit doing everything when you turn 34. Push hard and maybe you will still be active at 36 or even 37 before
    you croak from old age at 40. And you will be 40 and, god forbid, possibly 60 if you get lucky.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    iainf72 wrote:
    His team will be

Assan Bazayev
    Maxim Iglinskiy
    Jesús Hernández
    Chris Horner
    Daniel Navarro
    José Luis Rubiera
    Michael Schär
    Haimar Zubeldia

Horner sticks out like a sore thumb. Can't wait to see Vino being shelled the first time they go up a big climb. Notice how he pulled out before the mountain stage in Ain.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Quite right.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 1,748
    I'm shocked......
    ....that it's taken so long. I seem to recall telling everyone he'd be back in time for LBL, but Astana got sidetracked and went via Texas.
    Anyone can get a passport, these days. Just another of the "old codger" brigade trying to recapture his long lost youth.

The Texan rode his last for Astana yesterday..............vacant seat on the big blue bus?

Big clue today, Chris Horner more than happy to ride for him.

Guess Klodi less than happy?
  • afx237vi
    I'm shocked......

The Texan rode his last for Astana yesterday..............vacant seat on the big blue bus?

Big clue today, Chris Horner more than happy to ride for him.

Guess Klodi less than happy?

Klodi was the one who left T-Mobile to go and ride for Vino right back when Astana first started. He's always been happy to play second fiddle before... why change the habit of a lifetime?
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    dennisn wrote:
    Just another of the "old codger" brigade trying to recapture his long lost youth.

So, you're planning on quiting when you're 34 or so? What do you guys have against someone wanting to race? Contrary to popular belief, us "old codgers" actually still like to have fun. I'm 60, still ride some big miles, still like to snow ski, lift weights in the winter,
    play the violin, take dance lessons. If you'll take a little advice. Don't quit doing everything when you turn 34. Push hard and maybe you will still be active at 36 or even 37 before
    you croak from old age at 40. And you will be 40 and, god forbid, possibly 60 if you get lucky.

Can you ski and play the violin at the same time?
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 1,748
    afx237vi wrote:
    Klodi was the one who left T-Mobile to go and ride for Vino right back when Astana first started. He's always been happy to play second fiddle before... why change the habit of a lifetime?

I hear you afx, I'm sure I read somewhere that Klodi was badly affected by the TdF 2007 bust, was on the verge of quitting racing.
    Although you're right, Vino persuaded him to move to Astana, so my guess could be quite wrong.
  • afx237vi wrote:

Horner sticks out like a sore thumb. Can't wait to see Vino being shelled the first time they go up a big climb. Notice how he pulled out before the mountain stage in Ain.

I thought he climbed off at the foot of the final climb? I may be wrong.
    In anycase it's becoming very fashionable. :wink:

Kloden may be more unhappy about not riding at all, rather than who he rides for.
    How bad is his wrist, btw?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi wrote:

I thought he climbed off at the foot of the final climb? I may be wrong.
    In anycase it's becoming very fashionable. :wink:

Yeah, you're right. Difference being Vino only had to climb it once, not 3 times.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi wrote:

I hear you afx, I'm sure I read somewhere that Klodi was badly affected by the TdF 2007 bust, was on the verge of quitting racing.
    Although you're right, Vino persuaded him to move to Astana, so my guess could be quite wrong.

Kloden is someone I just don't understand. All that talent, yet he's always been happy to be a domestique. How many times have we seen him looking super-strong on the big mountain stages in GTs, yet constantly looking behind for Ullrich, Vino, Contador and others.

Dennis will no doubt have a theory to explain his lack of ambition. He is after all our resident amateur psychologist.
  • Vino
    afx237vi wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Kloden is someone I just don't understand. All that talent, yet he's always been happy to be a domestique. How many times have we seen him looking super-strong on the big mountain stages in GTs, yet constantly looking behind for Ullrich, Vino, Contador and others.

Dennis will no doubt have a theory to explain his lack of ambition. He is after all our resident amateur psychologist.
    Is simples Klodi is my bitch I say ride he ride i say have injury he broken bone simples
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    Vino wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Is simples Klodi is my ***** I say ride he ride i say have injury he broken bone simples

If he is your b1tch then why did he and Ullrich chase your attack in the 2005 Tour?
  • Vino
    Vino wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Paul i sense you is having sexual frustration and agression, i suggest getting fit and having love with meeeny woiman it works for me but some people is not having the necescarry charisma innit

Is simples Klodi is my ***** I say ride he ride i say have injury he broken bone simples

If he is your b1tch then why did he and Ullrich chase your attack in the 2005 Tour?