MTB hire in Lanzarote

kernowaj
kernowaj Posts: 198
edited November 2009 in MTB general
Im off to Lanzarote in three weeks time. I am staying in Costa Teguise. After looking on Google Earth I think there has got to be an awesome route through lunar type landscapes from the beach directly north Costa Teguise back to the town. It looks like about 200m drop over about 10 miles. Check it out.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any hire places that I could get a decent hardtail mtb? Also if anyone could recommend any good riding there?

Thanks, AJ

Comments

• Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Never been myself mate, but http://www.lanzarote-bikes.com/bikerent ... arote.html looks like it could fit what you're looking for..

Based in Costa Teguise too... :) Can't recommend tho, as above, I've not used them, but they look alright to me.

Hope that helps :)
  • You'll have to be careful where you go as the island is a unesco heritage site and they're very protective so really, find guided routes for a start imo unless you want to pees off the wrong people.

There's also lots of that kind of riding to be done in Fuerteventura, with firms in corralejo doing guided tours of the national park there, on my list to do.
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs
  • kernowaj
    kernowaj Posts: 198
    Thanks guys.
  • Hi I live here in Lanzarote, there are lots of companys here that hire bikes like treks, also in puerta del carmen there is one that hires felt including full sus! Best to search on the internet! Lots of the hire companys will deliver the bike to the hotel or apartment!
    As to riding here there are loads of tracks and dirt roads you can ride and you can go for miles without much road riding! Hope you have a good holiday!
  • turpinr
    turpinr Posts: 255
    aj
    i went to costa teguise 3 years ago and hired a whyte 46 from a shop called tommy's bikes.i wanted the new whyte hard-tail but somebody already had it.
    tommy was a german bloke and very helpful.his shop hadn't been open very long and some kind soul had hired one of his bikes and kept it.
  • XRfil
    XRfil Posts: 1
    kernowaj wrote:
    Im off to Lanzarote in three weeks time.

found this post via searching google,

firstly hope you had a nice holiday!

im off to lanzarote in 2 weeks time, just wondering who you booked your bikes with? did they deliver? costs? what did you go for etc

best price ive found is from tommy's , www.tommys-bikes.com for a standardish bike

staying in matagorda myself

cheers for any info

Phil.