24 hour bike race, Le Mans, France

Lycra Man
Lycra Man Posts: 141
edited September 2010 in Amateur race
Did anyone take part in this adventure? I so wanted to but was unable.

Please share your experiences (and photos)

Lycra Man
FCN7 - 1 for SPDs = FCN6

Comments

• meganS
    meganS Posts: 27
  • Great video of the 2010 Le Mans cycling race, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPtIKK9ovIU
  • I did it as a 4man relay. It was really good. So well organised. It got to the point when the only time I felt normal and not as if I was about to die was when I was on the bike, which was interesting..

Probably be back next year, if I can convince the other 3 that they want to do it again..
  • Some guys from Sky finished 7th, they got the entry for winning the UK event at Dunsfold. Not sure if the same riders rode.

Will see if anyone knows who they were.
  • No connection to Sky Professional Cycling Team apart from the kit and being employed by the sponsor. They were pretty fast though.
  • Dave-M
    Dave-M Posts: 206
    As a fan of motorsport I'm going to have a crack at this next year & the Nurburgring one. However this year they were on the same date, so I hope they don't clash next year.
    2010 Specialized Allez Elite
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper
    2009 Quintana Roo Seduza
  • dmch2
    dmch2 Posts: 731
    The German one will be a lot hillier!

My wife says I can't go as we'll be skiing in France in January, I'll be at the Le Mans car race in June then we're in France on holiday in July so being there in August is excessive.

I'm trying to think up some good excuses! Has anyone taken a bike on the TGV as it goes to the town of Le Mans which is only a mile or two from the track...
    2010 Trek 1.5 Road - swissstop green, conti GP4000S
    2004 Marin Muirwoods Hybrid
  • Dave-M
    Dave-M Posts: 206
    Yep, I've driven the Nordschleif a fair few times. I gave up 4 wheels for 2!

1 lap at a time for the Nurburgring I think!
    2010 Specialized Allez Elite
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper
    2009 Quintana Roo Seduza