stuck in south London - want out

rich82
rich82 Posts: 3
edited August 2009 in MTB rides
I've recently moved to south London from Yorkshire and am desperate to keep on riding between trips back up to the homeland.

I lack a car so does anyone know of any groups/rides that set out from spots accessible by public transport?

Or does anyone fancy joining me in the search for trails?

Comments

• Where about in South London are you?
  • StefanP
    StefanP Posts: 429
    If you are near Mitcham/Croydon area then you have mitcham common and surrounding area which gives you 10miles of ok routes, even though its pretty flat and illegal to cycle there (no-one really cares).

If you are further south then its less than 10 miles to warlingham and so forth and you can make a 40mile route 22 off road and 18 cycling back home :P. There is stuff in the borough you just have to search for a bit :)
  • warreng
    warreng Posts: 535
    Richmond Common is ok for a spin.

Otherwise get the Waterloo train to Dorking and head for the Surrey Hills
    2015 Cervelo S3
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010
    2016 Genesis Croix de Fer
  • warreng
    warreng Posts: 535
    Pitch, Holmbury and Leith are pretty good and within easy reach for me (I'm based in Epsom) - Nirvana Cycles in Westcott has some maps
    2015 Cervelo S3
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010
    2016 Genesis Croix de Fer
  • rich82
    rich82 Posts: 3
    Where about in South London are you?

up in Stockwell
  • anjs
    anjs Posts: 486
    Train from Waterloo or Clapham to Martins Heron and then hit Swinley Forest.
  • Clapham Junction to Dorking or Gomshall and you're into the Surrey hills. Talk to Nirvana cycles about their ride.

J
    2002 Ellsworth Isis
    1997 Santa Cruz Heckler
    1994 Cannondale M900
    1992 Specialized Stumpjumper
    1988 Marin Pallisades trail
  • Possibly heading to Dorking on Monday (train from Waterloo) if you fancy it.

Is Nirvana still open? Looked like it had closed down last time I went past.
  • paul5k1
    paul5k1 Posts: 11
    Nirvana's moved to bigger premises a couple of doors down...

Betws y Coed ride cancelled so thinking of heading to Peaslake on Sunday or Monday for a local one around Pitch, Holmbury and Leith instead.

Anyone interested?