you should read this part recovering

bexley5200
bexley5200 Posts: 692
edited August 2009 in The bottom bracket
ive been getting slight pain in the stomic,sory about the spelling for about 2 mounths taking ibruphen 3 times hoping it would go away by the way im 48 smoker 13st put it down to over training as i always go 90 per cent 7 days a week 200miles pw plus,last munday i was about 4 miles from home when incredable pain t fever in my somick went toto hospitall in agony was operated on next day burst ulser am now rcovering ok thank you craig white[/list]
going downhill slowly

Comments

• bexley5200
    inforcesed rest sucks
    going downhill slowly
  • Red Rock
    Red Rock Posts: 517
    Crikey, that must of hurt like hell and the ibuprofen in your blood would have just made it even worse. Hope you make a full recovery and soon able to get out on the bike again.

Red Rock
  • johncp
    johncp Posts: 302
    ibuprofen in your stomach probably contributed to the hole they had to fix! That and the fags (sorry to rub it in, probably been told that by the medics..) Just as a general warning to evryone taking Ibuprofen - try not to take it too regularly and have it after some food if at all possible. And if your stomach plays up, see your GP :wink:
    If you haven't got a headwind you're not trying hard enough
  • I had a freelancer working for me once who did something similar, except it turned out to be appendicitis, which became chronic by the time he was rushed to hospital.

I'm not sure he learned his lesson from that, as I heard a couple of years later that he'd dropped dead at his computer after having a seizure – the person who told me was another client who's nightmare-scheduled job he was working on.

He had a reputation for saving the day on jobs that were going badly wrong, but the moral of this story is your health is worth more than anything.
  • Johncp wrote:
    ibuprofen in your stomach probably contributed to the hole they had to fix!

+1 Causes gastrointestinal irritation. You'd be better off with paracetamol. Not as strong but way fewer side effects!
  • bexley5200
    thank for all your coments i wasnt warned about ibruphen till afterwards update i have recovered some but whith sickness and diorear ive lost 3 st down to10s norma weight 13st isham a the docks and probely hospital thanks craig white
    going downhill slowly
  • bexley5200
    has been nearly 3 weeks and am recovering day by day have got new parts for bikes and am looking forward to gioing out 2 weeks
    going downhill slowly