Boll0cks, that was an expensive ride!

LardLover
LardLover Posts: 676
edited August 2009 in The bottom bracket
What an expensive ride today turned out to be :(

First off, cut the route short as the weather turned crap, then, just as we were nearing home I lost the front wheel on a tight left hander :(:(

Result:

rain jacket ripped :(:(

NEW long sleeved jersey ripped :(:(:(:(

shorts ripped :(:(

gloves ripped :(:(

bar tape ripped :(

Record Ergo shifters scratched :(:(:(:(

Antares saddle split :(:(:(

Body:

elbow grazed and gouged (now weeping serous fluid)

hip grazed and bruised

knee grazed and bruised

Buggery boll0cks. Bloody expensive (and hard on the body) this road biking mullarky :roll:

(sorry, just feeling sorry for myself!)

Comments

• skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Sorry to hear of your "off". :cry:
    ...not pleasant, but at least not too serious...

...but think of all the sympathy you can now get from the missus.
    ...and the extra "man points" you can earn at work tomorrow.

...and now the need for retail therapy. :D
    ...so you can replace and upgrade all of those damaged parts, plus throw-in a few extras on the "well, if I'd had these tyres/tape/stem/wheels etc. my wheel wouldn't have slipped in the first place" line. :wink:

In the meantime, take a hot soak in the tub & plan your retail revenge. 8)
    Cycling weakly
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Never mind, it could be worse.

You could have been approached by a nutter who started screaming and swearing about Jesus and masturbation and then pulled you off your bike and threw acid in your face.
  • Smokin Joe wrote:

You could have been approached by a nutter who started screaming and swearing about Jesus and masturbation and then pulled you off your bike and threw acid in your face.

This happened?
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • johncp
    johncp Posts: 302
    He lives in Fishguard - anything could happen :roll:
    If you haven't got a headwind you're not trying hard enough
  • Red Rock
    Red Rock Posts: 517
    LardLover wrote:
    Buggery boll0cks

That sounds painful :shock:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    When I was in A + E I was begging them not to cut my Assos shorts but in the end I had to succumb. Gutted.

Lost Pay - c. £2,000

Clothing - £ 220

Equipment (Sram Red Lever, Bar tape, Wheel True, Odds and sods) - £400

Making close friends with the lad I was riding with for the first time - £Priceless...
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    tho all the best for recovery.
    after having 3 stupid accidents - 1. steep descent black ice (end of last year) 2. hit a stationary car mirror, now i know im a bit wider than what i thought 3. passing a guy who was on a mtb bike carrying a lawnmower on a cycle path, i went too far over hit the edge of the path and the end. sprained both wrists in 2. & 3. (sorry just wantd to get that out of my head)

so i now have the "fear" if i see anything thats going to make me fall off the bike i go all cyclo cross on my bike or the county roads are just getting worse with the wet weather..

anyways remember to learn from your mistakes so not to repeat them.
  • LardLover
    LardLover Posts: 676
    Cheers guys :D

bloody sore this morning, limping at work (for extra sympathy). The funny thing is, although I've got visual injuries down my left hand side it's my right leg that really effin' hurts. Muscular I think, but I can't lift it without helping it!

Looked at my bike this morning, I think I'll need to replace those Ergo's, but really more upset about my jersey, it was the first time I wore it, a birthday prezzie off the wife (long sleeved Mellow Johnny's jersey :(:( )

Still, I don't think it makes me want to go back to mountain biking though :wink:
  • Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    Smokin Joe wrote:

Am I perverse in noticing that phrasing?