Peterborough and surroundings

JEB2604
JEB2604 Posts: 24
edited August 2009 in MTB rides
Hi,

Is there anyone still riding around p'boro? well there must be i guess, been away with work for a while and wondered if a group (or individuals) still exists.....

cheers

Comments

• EmO_KiD
    EmO_KiD Posts: 788
    what sort of riding do you do?
  • JEB2604
    JEB2604 Posts: 24
    bit of cross country mainly, yourself?
  • EmO_KiD
    EmO_KiD Posts: 788
    skate park and jumps. i dont realy live round there now but. there is rutland water. its quite a nice place to go biking there is also a big bikeshop there they will know about any clubs and stuff.
  • Not much in the way of clubs, Rutland Cycling do a Wednesday night ride around the water leaving Whitwell at 6.30pm other than that its just a case of hooking up with some one.
    I ride mostly around Rutland Water, not thecycle track but the Bridleways around here, there is a bit of single track in and around Wakerley Woods if you are prepared to hunt it out and Irchester Country Park is worth a visit allthough that will only keep you amused for about 2 hours.
    Other than that it's a case of getting in the car and travelling.
  • PaulTh
    PaulTh Posts: 17
    If you fancy something a bit different out East, we are running the Wind Prospect Fens Challenge near Spalding on Sunday 20th September - www.midlandtrailquests.co.uk has full details under the events listings.

Last year we had a few XC'ers, and a couple of riders from this forum, all of whom seemed to really enjoy it - it is more endurance than technical riding, but a friendly crowd and a fun day out.