Malcolm Elliot Pinarello on Ebay

heathrow86
heathrow86 Posts: 228
edited August 2009 in Pro race
Did anyone else see Malcolm Elliots Pinarello on Ebay Last week it was on a buy it now price of £2000+ I Think? I assume it was his as the seller was called Malc Elliot. It did say He was making way for his new Dogma.

I thought that the bikes were returned to the team at the end of the season or am I wrong?

Comments

• I would guess that the riders in the UK pro scene are more self-financed than those in glamourous ProTour teams in mainland Europe.
  • jim one
    jim one Posts: 183
    Yes they are normally returned, however they also have the option to buy the bike at a knock down price and then keep/flog it on themselves. The mechanics also can normally take up this offer if a rider decides not to purchase the bike so as to add a bit onto their wages.
  • jim one wrote:
    Yes they are normally returned, however they also have the option to buy the bike at a knock down price and then keep/flog it on themselves. The mechanics also can normally take up this offer if a rider decides not to purchase the bike so as to add a bit onto their wages.

The normality with the lads I know seems to be your equipment and kit is yours to keep!
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015