I hate you all..

CanalRider
CanalRider Posts: 194
edited August 2009 in MTB beginners
At the beginning of August I was happy with my 12 year old Claude Butler bike enjoying the daily commute and occasional trek through Sutton Park. Then I discovered cycle2work and I wanted a new bike. I think I get it from my mother: see a bargain so must buy.

I digress, as a result I found this forum. I started reading the forums with gusto. I discovered new words and new technology and even understand 50% of it. I stopped riding the 20 yards of pavement to the train station. I engage in conversation with cyclists on the train. Strangers engage me in conversation. I stare at other peoples bikes; my eyes don't even waiver when a short skirt passes by. I bought a Boardman FS Comp, I have some SPD pedals, no cleats yet :) and I am looking at winter clothing already as I can't bear to be away from cycling. I have lost 8 lbs in weight, none of my suits fit! I read bike forums before the usual geeky crap that absorbs my working day. I am going to do Follow the Dog. I may die in the process.

And it's YOUR fault.

I thank you :)

I am going to christen my new bike now...thats your fault too. I should be in bed, I am on holiday...

:lol:
--
Saw a sign on a restaurant that said Breakfast, any time -- so I ordered French Toast in the Renaissance.

Comments

• Flenser
    Flenser Posts: 372
    Love it. 8)

I can't commiserate because I'm in the same boat. :lol:
    Claud Bulter Cape Wrath D27 (2009)
    Raleigh MaxLite FS1 (2001)
  • Danlube
    Danlube Posts: 454
    Another one down, 4 billion to go
    Kona Tanuki Deluxe
  • Awesome!!!

It never gets boring - 19 years of MTBing & it's still just as good, if not better!

Still not been on a road bike since.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    its a good thing. good to see you're having a good time
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so whats the problem?

:wink:
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse wrote:
    so whats the problem?

Maybe this bit...
    CanalRider wrote:
    I am going to do Follow the Dog. I may die in the process.

...although I think death is fairly unlikely!
  • Maybe this bit...
    CanalRider wrote:

I'd agree, although busted up knees and a seriously grooved shin due to an epic fail on the rock staircase are a possibility.........

Don't ask me how i know this......<whistles> :oops:
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    nicklouse wrote:
    so whats the problem?

Maybe this bit...
    CanalRider wrote:

and thats a problem?

"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:
    so whats the problem?

Maybe this bit...
    CanalRider wrote:

and thats a problem?

Death in general, or just no problem coz it's someone else?!
  • landranger
    landranger Posts: 220
    BignDaft wrote:
    I'd agree, although busted up knees and a seriously grooved shin due to an epic fail on the rock staircase are a possibility.........

Don't ask me how i know this......<whistles> :oops:

LOL, that happened to me. So much blood everyone thought I was gonna die :D

CanalRider is quite possibly reffering to the amount of money he will be shelling out in the next few months, on "essentials" I might add.
    Sink the eight ball. Buy the lady a drink. And nobody knows my name.
  • CanalRider
    If the riding doesn't kill me then Mrs Canalrider will.

I now have my cleats and shoes and have done a few laps of the estate. Christened my new machine round Sutton Park and got it and me well muddy.

As I posted somewhere else I am also asthmatic and lost part of my internal breathing apparatus to cancer. If Mr G is telling me to slow down, it ain't working :-)
    --
    Saw a sign on a restaurant that said Breakfast, any time -- so I ordered French Toast in the Renaissance.
  • CanalRider
    If the riding doesn't kill me then Mrs Canalrider will.

I now have my cleats and shoes and have done a few laps of the estate. Christened my new machine round Sutton Park and got it and me well muddy.

As I posted somewhere else I am also asthmatic and lost part of my internal breathing apparatus to cancer. If Mr G is telling me to slow down, it ain't working :-)
    --
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Inspiring - go for it - just got my first hardtail - Voodoo Bokor - its getting christened tomorrow 8)
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Inspiring - go for it - just got my first hardtail - Voodoo Bokor - its getting christened tomorrow 8)