inbred, now with gears!

2»

Comments

• ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    What's to hate about on-one? :?
  • Penylope
    Penylope Posts: 320
    Well, the ineviteble has happened, the inbred now has gears!

After trying it as a single speed (and not really getting on with it :P ) i've got hold of some of the new Deore groupo, namely a shadow rear mech, HT2 cranks and a front mech (coupled to my old XT shifters).
    On first impresions this new Deore is amazing :shock: easily comparable to the XT it is replacing ('07). good solid shifts with no slop anywhere, and suprisingly light (esp the cranks) cant wait to test it out :D
    There is also a pair of WTB weirwolf 2.3's, rather than semislicks now the weather is a bit pants.

4103176146_a09d768ac1.jpg

let the cries of 'I told you so' comence, i'm even thinking of getting some coil forks for her as well!
    MTB's, SC Blur LTc & Cotic Soul (26" definitely aint dead!).
    Other, Genesis Croix De Fer
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    huh theres no suspension. :lol: how very strange. how do you get on riding rigid. i love my 8" of front sus and 9.1" of rear bounce. i dont think i could go rigid.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    Penylope
    i'm not suprised
  • Penylope
    jay12 wrote:
    Penylope
    i'm not suprised

HA HA :D

Nope, neither am i to be honest. just cant help myself :D
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    much better, gears are what this bike was crying out for! now you need some of those lovely rebas of on-one set to 120mm, and it will be perfect....... :lol:
    I like bikes and stuff
  • rubins4
    rubins4 Posts: 563
    have you still got the Santa Cruz frame floating about?? Does it have a figure on it?

I like the new bike, but it didnt look right as an SS some how... best of luck with it
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12613038
    Anyway, fk dis, I iz off 4 a ride innit. l8rz peepz
  • Penylope
    rubins4 wrote:
    have you still got the Santa Cruz frame floating about?? Does it have a figure on it?

I like the new bike, but it didnt look right as an SS some how... best of luck with it

Ummmm, not sure what to do with it TBH, was going to get it re-painted at work soon, then i might do. I'll keep you posted.